RAGE closes without any error

sico

So since the last 2 weeks, whenever I launch rage and select GTAW, it goes on 'validating' server assets and then closes after a min or 2

I've reinstalled rage / no antivirus / window defender disabled

all possible fixes but still happens

any idea to fix it?

image.thumb.png.5314419ed8b9ee7a4be66b7cf21c32d7.png

Could try installing RAGEMP onto the same drive that you have GTA V on. If they are already on the same drive, you could try installing RAGEMP on the other drive (fresh install). Additionally, RAGE seems to use up every last bit of resources available, so if you have anything else running in the background, such as YouTube, Spotify, etc, close them and allow the full extent of your CPU/memory to be dedicated to RAGEMP.

Adding on to the point above, while the game is loading, tab out (this might be easier to do if you set your game to run in Windowed Borderless from it's graphics settings) and open Task Manager. Under details, find the GTAV.exe process and set it's Priority to High.

Edited by SimonX6
1 minute ago, SimonX6 said:

Could try installing RAGEMP onto the same drive that you have GTA V on. If they are already on the same drive, you could try installing RAGEMP on the other drive (fresh install). Additionally, RAGE seems to use up every last bit of resources available, so if you have anything else running in the background, such as YouTube, Spotify, etc, close them and allow the full extent of your CPU/memory to be dedicated to RAGEMP.

Adding on to the point above, while the game is loading, tab out (this might be easier to do if you set your game to run in Windowed Borderless from it's graphics settings) and open Task Manager. Under details, find the GTAV.exe process and set it's Priority to High

Nope. Doesn't work always

I had to just continue trying and trying.. after doing it for 30 minutes, it started the game randomly and worked.

• Wuhtah locked this topic