Destroyed vehicle repairs

mj2002

What are the maths behind the costs of repairing destroyed vehicles?

When a vehicle ends up in the water, it costs money to respawn it.

I believe this might only be the case if the vehicle is not insured.

How are these costs determined? Are they a percentage of the retail value? Is it a set amount?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mj2002
  • 3 weeks later...

In the past my understanding was there would be a fee of 5% of the unregistered value of the vehicle if it was scrapped or physically destroyed.

I'm unsure if that's still the case.

See below.

Edited by Wisci
On 12/20/2021 at 10:41 PM, mj2002 said:

What are the maths behind the costs of repairing destroyed vehicles?

When a vehicle ends up in the water, it costs money to respawn it.

I believe this might only be the case if the vehicle is not insured.

How are these costs determined? Are they a percentage of the retail value? Is it a set amount?

Thanks in advance!

I've done some testing on the subject, and I'm pretty confident it's 10% of the vehicle's cost. This is regardless of class - a Sports car costs 10% to recover, a Van costs 10% to recover.

As an additional note, this is based on the current price of the vehicle. So if you paid $45,000 unregistered price for a vehicle, and the current cost at the dealership is $65,000 the cost to recover the vehicle is $6,500.

• Upvote 1
On 1/7/2022 at 3:33 PM, Wisci said:

I've done some testing on the subject, and I'm pretty confident it's 10% of the vehicle's cost. This is regardless of class - a Sports car costs 10% to recover, a Van costs 10% to recover.

As an additional note, this is based on the current price of the vehicle. So if you paid $45,000 unregistered price for a vehicle, and the current cost at the dealership is $65,000 the cost to recover the vehicle is $6,500.

Thanks! Question answered.