The state of break-ins.

ZaE

14 minutes ago, Viscaria said:

Honestly, the whole system needs a change, it needs automation, in some way. It's pointless and cruel to get admins to personally spectate a 2-3 hour scene. I'm sure they have other things to do, in-game reports and issues, forum reports, Discord stuff, UCP stuff, plus their own role-play. I understand that that's the system at the moment, but it's just wrong.

It doesn't work for regular players and it doesn't work for staff members either. 

It's true that we have a lot to handle no doubt, however I don't think automation is the key to fixing the system, automatic things in a roleplay environment usually results in heavy limitations of what can be done due to scripts and GTA World has always steered away from this where possible to continue to allow it to remain a sandbox for players to have the freedom to roleplay out their scenarios and scenes.

Edited by Viscaria
13 hours ago, nateX said:

Unfortunately, I don't think the current system is fixable without changing the entire system, but even then, it would require staff moderation because people can't be trusted with that sort of stuff.

It's not even so much about trust in people, I think:

As pointed out on the other thread even when we trust everyone to do break-ins fine and well on ooc level, there is not enough property to be broken in for the amount of (wannabe-) burglars we have, without to in return victimize others for maintaining that property.

Long story short, even with a fully cooperative mindset and the benefit of doubt upfront for any reporting party to roleplay well, handling staff can not simply permit every request as not only the offending party's requirements and roleplay need to be taken in account- but the potential victims' just as much.

"taking the L" and experienced a break-in to one's place is fair and well and can happen.

Making a meme out of it however would be ridiculous, obviously.

This is also why it's not possible to just have an automatized system permitting everyone with clear admin record to go through with their ic plans.

Thought about this and got two random thoughts:  1) Maybe the blocks are there intentionally to limit how many happen.  Not saying that's good design, but knowing it's not instant gratification is a kind of natural limiter on how many break ins happen.

2) In my experience, if a report (not break in specific, anything really) is not answered after like 10-15 mins?  Just cancel it and try again in two hours, or tomorrow.  No answer probably means none of the admins on are interested in taking that report.  Just try again when different ones are on.  Maybe it shouldn't be like that, but it's just human nature that some people enjoy some things, and others don't.  If the online admins don't enjoy break ins, they won't answer it.  Don't waste your time sitting around for hours!

15 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Indeed, robbing an opened or closed business, including people within the premises falls under same rule as breakins. It requires admin approval and supervision. Reason why it is so, is simple. 90% of server crimes are consisting of robberies, imagine if the rule wasn't there. You'd get crews cruising around city solely focusing on businesses. See where I am coming from? You cannot leave anything in hands of players, because they always find a way to abuse it and in return it would only fill up report sections with poorly roleplayed raids and robberies. Rules are not here to deter people from doing it, they are here to make sure it is properly roleplayed. 

Exactly this. Any business owner knows how tiring it is to have 5 masked up 14 y/o dudes popping in and out of the entrance teleport just to check for any chance to rob the place. I get 3-4 people with no admin permissions shoplifting in my store during every opening while their expensive car is parked up outside. I don't even have energy to report them anymore. I wouldn't care less if the robbery actually brought some RP for both parties but 9 times out of 10 it's just a sub-par PR scene with pure intention of gaining some items. Bunch of NPCs running in circles inside the store with no RP. How is that fun for anyone? The request and supervision rule has to stay in place otherwise we can close every single business. Quality of robberies and crime in general is so low that there is no way to afford any kind of automation in the current system.

Edited by sCrax
9 hours ago, sCrax said:

Quality of robberies and crime in general is so low

p much. People seek the path of least resistance to everything and so naturally the solution is to put the bare minimum of effort into ur RP and murder anybody you don't like because it's easy. if the rules got dumbed down even more god forbid what kind of RP would take place

Edited by L I C E
On 12/24/2021 at 2:23 AM, L I C E said:

p much. People seek the path of least resistance to everything and so naturally the solution is to put the bare minimum of effort into ur RP and murder anybody you don't like because it's easy. if the rules got dumbed down even more god forbid what kind of RP would take place

shaking-head-laughing.gif

• Wuhtah locked this topic