The state of break-ins.

ZaE

1 hour ago, Sush said:

Although I'm sure this might result in people bombing Y through the entire interior

This would happen.

Sometimes the interior is just too big and you'll have everyone run into separate corners of the property to search. Wouldn't fix anything but that idea has been brought up many times.

23 minutes ago, El Bandito said:

The rules say smaller in the moment robberies on cashiers still require admin approval via /report eg: robbing 24/7s. A staff member on discord also told me the same rule applied to all "open businesses" if you wanted to do a stick up with /report rather than a burglary with /breakin. Could've been a one off incident honestly and a misunderstanding. But, it does face similar issues to the /breakin system, it's probably even worse since during the long waiting time for the report, the cashier could leave or end their shift.

I just feel that the staff member who did handle my requests ingame should've told me why he was specifically forcing me to use /breakin rather than /report, the latter being the appropriate method according to the server rules. /breakin is not appropriate at all for stick up robberies where you usually have to park your car in a secure location, run through an open door, then quickly threaten the cashier to hand over their money and finally make your exit. With /breakin I would need to stand at the front door with a baseball bat and a bear mask on waiting for a report which would be pretty silly IC and ooc.

Indeed, robbing an opened or closed business, including people within the premises falls under same rule as breakins. It requires admin approval and supervision. Reason why it is so, is simple. 90% of server crimes are consisting of robberies, imagine if the rule wasn't there. You'd get crews cruising around city solely focusing on businesses. See where I am coming from? You cannot leave anything in hands of players, because they always find a way to abuse it and in return it would only fill up report sections with poorly roleplayed raids and robberies. Rules are not here to deter people from doing it, they are here to make sure it is properly roleplayed. 

• Upvote 1

A staff's POV:

I do not mind doing break in requests, I take them whenever I know I have time to do them, because believe it or not, those take more than it looks. If the break in ends up quick because of the alarm, you need to stay and set up /cim's for LEOs whenever they arrive, and be available for them in case they need further questions answered.

If it doesn't end up quick and it's successful? Take the items, give them to the robbers and happy holidays. Back to the property to set up all the /cim's and done.

Most of the break ins I've handled except maybe one or two, ended up in scenes that lasted more than 40 minutes. I specially remember one that lasted around 3 hours because the robbers got caught and PD put a search warrant up for the property because they believed the robbers hid something inside. It turned into a K9 search. So I had to do almost the same but for the dog.

If it's done properly, it can be fun to do. More than often it's not, honestly, and what @Jax said is pretty accurate. Regardless, I take those whenever I can.

Lol the admins pick and choose where stuff is when you do a break in. Yet if Law Enforcement were to raid the house, everything would be in the open because there's no stash info. Had this happen first hand, so dont tell me otherwise. The amount of people that leave their houses unlocked with safes in them should probably lock their doors. Who would of thought? Their mistake. Instantly whine on the forums, this should be IC. Course currently it is not. 

If someone gets in, it should be them and only them to blame. Not the new player that's looking to make a come up and is punished for not knowing otherwise.

Also I know this sounds crazy right or maybe far fetched but why don't you just introduce a spot in the house where said player can place their stash or at least two to three commands/locations with in their residence. Forciable objects even.

It's ridiculous that people have to wait hours on end just to be able to Roleplay on a Roleplay server. Breaking into houses or even breaking into houses that are unlocked(???) and even then you have some neighbour in a gang infested neighbourhood or a tower block Apartment complex mid day that thought it was weird because you moved a fucking couch, chair or wardrobe. 🤡

Cops coming in with their guns raised when its just a noise complaint. Ditch your NPCs, get rid of admins handling break in requests. Simply because they pick and choose.

Admin: I'll let the players breaking in have half of the owners stash because I feel sorry for them.

Nah, If their house got broken into and rinsed that's fair game after all one raid from LEOs no matter where your stuff is, they will magically find it and take it all. Why can't this be the same case for everyone else?

Let people use the hardware store to upgrade and fortify their stash. I mean that's what it's there for no? Shit dont make no sense to me. Get rid of this old system, it's crap to tell you the truth. Theres nothing really else to it. This whole system is extra'd out for no reason when it can just be simplified.

Edited by $CAR
10 hours ago, Jax said:

Break in's are horrible for both sides.

From staff's POV: 

You see a spam of reports, handle some, then people start PM'ing you because you are on duty out of 12 other admins that are off duty, you finish the report that you currently are handling. You take a look at the break in, basically only thing that I looked at was assets, to check if the person doesn't own 5 cars, and is working at 4 places that require different skills to work there. All checks out? Sure, you take the break in, then boom. You see that it's four masked up dudes ready to do the break in, you mentally prepare yourself for the shit fest, shoot a line of ketamine and cocaine to react fast enough to the 4 people /me's.

The break in starts, you first check the interior before accepting it, it's not shit mapped? or is it even mapped? Okay, you go through with the break in.
Is the place somewhere butt fuck nowhere? You let the robbers RP a little before accepting the command. It's in a rich area? Too bad, you accept the break in instantly.
Alarm triggers after what? One me? You as an admin go to be fast enough to reach n' juggle those 4 people spamming me's and god forbid you take too long to respond.
Cops show up? Well shit, this is a whole different scene, a shoot out too? Splendid, now a basic break in turns into a 40 minute scene where both parties are not happy and some people are even blaming you for taking too long, etc.
Boom, they staff reporting you for poor decision making and being too slow!!!

Players POV:

skeletons hanging out on stairs | Skeletons | Know Your Meme

Me and the homies waiting on the break for two hours be accepted, just to have the alarm triggered within 30 seconds and us having to baby driver out of the cop chase.

TLDR: Break in's are cancer, alarms broken, some people map in bunkers with eye and finger scans, some people spam /me's non stop and you have to juggle all of them.
They are not fun for anyone. 

this nigga spitting

16 minutes ago, $CAR said:

Cops coming in with their guns raised when its just a noise complaint. Ditch your NPCs, get rid of admins handling break in requests. Simply because they pick and choose.

This could work if it wasnt GTA:W world, u already know people are gnna do sub-par dog shit break-ins and more and more forum reports

5 minutes ago, ZaE said:

This could work if it wasnt GTA:W world, u already know people are gnna do sub-par dog shit break-ins and more and more forum reports

GTA World World? Good, let them get forum reported. There should still be a better system in place for players. Maybe providing a detailed /me in a certain spot so that its logged and triggers a search/command in a specific part of the room. That way if they type some stupid shit, it can just be checked via the house number.

Edited by $CAR

Since I often do these for players and LEO's I'll go ahead and leave my 2 cents here.

Jax summed up a good part of why they are usually bad for both staff and players so I won't touch much on that end as its entirely true, players are waiting too long and it can be very difficult for one person to follow 4 people spamming /me's, and the break in can end up taking hours and they surely can become a mess. Is the system good? no not really, the alarms are overpowered and don't promote people providing better roleplay due to the rush factor. I'll go ahead and provide some reasons below why break ins aren't being accepted;

- There's too many reports coming in during peak hours.
- There's not enough LEO's online.
- You didn't type any info in the request.
- Admins are tired and don't have the energy or will to take one.

- Admins wanna spend some time actually roleplaying.

- We see the name pop up in the requests far too often. (Some of you we see pop up almost every single day without even leaving any info in the request)

- We're tired of gangs raiding other opp gangs properties in hopes they find guns or drugs. (This is the majority of requests we get daily)

- You keep bugging admins by directly PM'ing them asking them to take your request. (This happens a lot and it gets tiresome)

- The admins online / duty are also in PD/SD so can't take them due to bias. Or they either know you or are in your faction, also can't take due to bias.

- Admins may simply not have the time to invest into one at that particular moment.

The biggest issue I see with them after doing a good amount of them is that players lack the creativity to make them more fun, an example of a breakin we get the most goes along the lines of "Was told IC that this property is loaded with guns and drugs." "Our big homie told us to raid this place for guns and drugs." "This is our enemies place, we're looking to raid it." "We saw an expensive car outside this property, we wanna raid it since it must have some good loot."

Those are the most frequent type of break in requests that we get daily, and it gets tiring and frankly boring to do these over and over. There's been some really good ones but its often far more rare, not long ago, a group roleplayed as a whole fake company doing a burglary, getting a bunch of guys mowing lawns across fronting the same company to not arise suspicion, I'm told this one was great fun. We need more people doing break ins like that, make them far more interesting to give us an incentive to want to take them instead of the whole boring ass ones we've done times over that usually just end up with people getting caught by overpowered alarms and then blaming us for it.

Since there does seem to be some confusion and lack of understanding surrounding break ins, I'm gonna write up a guide on how to properly request one and what you can be doing to make them more interesting and fun overall, break ins are not just a way for people to score some guns and drugs, even though the system does need a rework, it can still be fun if you put more effort and planning into them.

• Upvote 5
  • Wuhtah locked this topic