The state of "vigilantism"

RoyalPainter

2 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Majority of the times I was forced to use my CCW was in 95% of the times at my business (second hand car lot) where people attempt to scare me or customers. Since my business is private property I have the right to defend customers and myself on premises. Moreover my character has a GC license on top, since originally was planned to be used when I created the character to run a security firm but those plans went haywire so the license remains.

I do understand the issue with the major Vigilantism, it is an issue, and a big one for some people. I do believe that in certain cases you can use the gun, but in in situations where you got two criminal groups going at it, let them do it, do not get involved. If there's security or Law Enforcement people in the area, let the do it, do not pull your pea-shooter and try to be the hero.

I agree with this. I don't mind if someone is coming directly into your private property and provoking. I mean it more for people who see two gangs/criminal groups going at it and want to save the day. It's usually a specific group of people doing this and it's exhausting. 

4 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Majority of the times I was forced to use my CCW was in 95% of the times at my business (second hand car lot) where people attempt to scare me or customers. Since my business is private property I have the right to defend customers and myself on premises. Moreover my character has a GC license on top, since originally was planned to be used when I created the character to run a security firm but those plans went haywire so the license remains.

I do understand the issue with the major Vigilantism, it is an issue, and a big one for some people. I do believe that in certain cases you can use the gun, but in in situations where you got two criminal groups going at it, let them do it, do not get involved. If there's security or Law Enforcement people in the area, let the do it, do not pull your pea-shooter and try to be the hero.

I think a CCW should be used for self defense but I feel like if two groups are about go at it in your business you should tell them to take it outside or just literally let them go at it as long as you get out of the line of fire. 

13 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

I think a CCW should be used for self defense but I feel like if two groups are about go at it in your business you should tell them to take it outside or just literally let them go at it as long as you get out of the line of fire. 

Fact is, if they pull guns  and start blasting in the business, I will blast them. If they go outside, I'll not pull mine. Simple as that.

It's an issue which has been addressed countless times. I suppose the only thing you can really do to fight it is RPQM reports. Then it's up to the staff to talk to the player behind the character who is the PF warrior / CCW vigilante. They can determine whether or not they are accurately portraying their character by injecting themselves rather than calling the authorities?

From a LEO perspective of things - either these many cases of vigilatism do not occur or are left unreported. It became rare over the past months that someone would call 911 to report the use of their PF/CCW firearm. Such calls usually result in the responding Officers looking into the situation and, if a person died, handle it as a homicide investigation first and foremost. Essentially, the person is a suspect until proven otherwise at that very moment.

Then again, technically, there is no obligation to report the use of your firearm anywhere in the PF/CCW regulations, nor SHAFT code. On top of that, most shootings happen in south LS where shootings are often an absolute mess with seemingly no clear structure and everyone involved either A) dead or B) long gone upon arrival of police forces, unless they happen to be caught in the act. Some random andrenaline junkie with their licensed firearm does not stand out, nor will 98% of Homicides or shootings ever be resolved due to the lack of script support and heavy reliance on player-to-player interactions which are not given in a situation everyone just wants to get away from and has varying degree of involvement which would make this player-to-player interaction for each and every one involved to gather details of the scene a logistical nightmare. It is a make or break with your either being caught red-handed or practically never found. And if you are caught red-handed involved in such scenario with a PF/CCW, the chances are high you will lose the license and firearm unless you have a damn good reason to justify being there and being involved in that shooting.

4 hours ago, RoyalPainter said:

some random civilian who the hit isn't even directed towards runs over and gets involved in the shootout.

Why is it okay for illegal roleplayers to gun each other but not okay for civilians to gun illegal roleplayers? You operate on the assumption that your (M) 15 year old hitman is some scary John Wick character but he's not. It's ridiculous to say that people should be afraid and flee in terror at the sight of a character that's not legally old enough to smoke a cigar.

Excessive crime has created a culture where everyone is armed to defend yourselves. That's 100% the fault of criminals who created this environment. You reap what you sow.

Edited by averycoolguy
2 minutes ago, averycoolguy said:

Why is it okay for illegal roleplayers to gun each other but not okay for civilians to gun illegal roleplayers? You operate on the assumption that your (M) 15 year old hitman is some scary John Wick character but he's not. It's ridiculous to say that people should be afraid of a character that's not legally old enough to smoke a cigar.

Excessive crime has created a culture where everyone is armed to defend yourselves. That's 100% the fault of criminals who created this environment. You reap what you sow.

Why do you have such a deep dislike for people who roleplay characters who engage in illegal activities? Who hurt you?

• Gore locked this topic