The state of "vigilantism"

RoyalPainter

I'll keep this very short by saying that I personally think licensed carry in this server has been a complete and utter disaster. I understand that California is one of the biggest concealed-carry states in the US but the amount of times where something has happened in public between two criminal groups and random people just get involved by pulling their own PF guns is quite disappointing. This is obviously dependent on context, I'm not saying if your with a group and a drive by shooting on the general area where your standing happens you can't pull out your own licensed firearm but more so talking about a gang/criminal related hit happens and some random civilian who the hit isn't even directed towards runs over and gets involved in the shootout. I get it's a shooting game but I think people should really reconsider what it means to have a open carry license. This is just my opinion but I think people should be more worried on running away from the line of fire from something that doesn't affect them rather than trying to be a vigilante. I think there's separate storylines on why something involving gunfire happens as I personally would hate for my development or a specific scene get interjected by random people who happen to be nearby wearing tank tops and dresses with gun licenses who have nothing to do with the gang beef/war/situation. I'm looking for some more opinions on this.  I apologize if I'm coming off as hostile but the amount of times I've seen people carrying out a hit or whatever getting gunned down by people who aren't even involved running two blocks over is quite embarrassing. 

Edited by RoyalPainter
  • RoyalPainter changed the title to The state of "vigilantism"
Just now, Boland said:

then expect a texas reply, be sneaky in future murder ops

Like I said, it depends heavily on the situation but you can't really do walk up shootings or drive bys anymore in a space where you find your enemies without the risk of some random person taking out their gun and gunning you down therefore ruining the scene. I wouldn't even care if I got gunned down by the person I was trying to kill or cops but it bothers me how fine people are with inserting themselves into the hail of fire. 

4 hours ago, Goonbag said:

California isn’t an open carry state (for the most part, some smaller counties allow it). Do you mean concealed carry?

LS County legally has open carry thanks to the Senate. Its only NOT allowed in the City legally.

EDIT: NOT

Edited by KinnyWynny
46 minutes ago, RoyalPainter said:

I'll keep this very short by saying that I personally think licensed carry in this server has been a complete and utter disaster. I understand that California is one of the biggest concealed-carry states in the US but the amount of times where something has happened in public between two criminal groups and random people just get involved by pulling their own PF guns is quite disappointing. This is obviously dependent on context, I'm not saying if your with a group and a drive by shooting on the general area where your standing happens you can't pull out your own licensed firearm but more so talking about a gang/criminal related hit happens and some random civilian who the hit isn't even directed towards runs over and gets involved in the shootout. I get it's a shooting game but I think people should really reconsider what it means to have a open carry license. This is just my opinion but I think people should be more worried on running away from the line of fire from something that doesn't affect them rather than trying to be a vigilante. I think there's separate storylines on why something involving gunfire happens as I personally would hate for my development or a specific scene get interjected by random people who happen to be nearby wearing tank tops and dresses with gun licenses who have nothing to do with the gang beef/war/situation. I'm looking for some more opinions on this.  I apologize if I'm coming off as hostile but the amount of times I've seen people carrying out a hit or whatever getting gunned down by people who aren't even involved running two blocks over is quite embarrassing. 

Majority of the times I was forced to use my CCW was in 95% of the times at my business (second hand car lot) where people attempt to scare me or customers. Since my business is private property I have the right to defend customers and myself on premises. Moreover my character has a GC license on top, since originally was planned to be used when I created the character to run a security firm but those plans went haywire so the license remains.

I do understand the issue with the major Vigilantism, it is an issue, and a big one for some people. I do believe that in certain cases you can use the gun, but in in situations where you got two criminal groups going at it, let them do it, do not get involved. If there's security or Law Enforcement people in the area, let the do it, do not pull your pea-shooter and try to be the hero.

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic