The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

30 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Personally? Dress-code standards should be just as important. After all, this is a "heavy RP server".

People do some wild shit though man. Like it's January in Canada and I saw some chick walking down our main street in a bikini top today so anything is possible I guess.

Edited by Sush
1 hour ago, Goonbag said:

unsubstantiated elitism

I bring up issues that aims to enforce heavy RP, instead of letting immersion breaking 40y/o acting like college kids, characters from Davis and Sandy who decide to venture into high end nightclubs and restaurants on their BMX and farm trucks, or when you see the crazy catgirl girl on girl action in public, and the day after you notice its the same girl from FD that is saving your life. Or when you see two people whispers in a 3+ people conversation, and in reality they're one person apart, and you're left wondering...
"how the fuck would he whisper"? 
Just because I want to play by the standarts of Heavy RP that were present in roughly first 2 years of the server, doesn't mean elitism. I just don't enjoy fucking around beyond human logic and behavior. The perfect place for that is VR Chatrooms.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Gambler said:

I bring up issues that aims to enforce heavy RP, instead of letting immersion breaking 40y/o acting like college kids, characters from Davis and Sandy who decide to venture into high end nightclubs and restaurants on their BMX and farm trucks, or when you see the crazy catgirl girl on girl action in public, and the day after you notice its the same girl from FD that is saving your life. Or when you see two people whispers in a 3+ people conversation, and in reality they're one person apart, and you're left wondering...
"how the fuck would he whisper"? 
Just because I want to play by the standarts of Heavy RP that were present in roughly first 2 years of the server, doesn't mean elitism. I just don't enjoy fucking around beyond human logic and behavior. The perfect place for that is VR Chatrooms.

What's wrong with adult characters from Davis or Sandy entering high end nightclubs ooc even if they rolled up in a farm truck or BMX? If they cause trouble or dress inappropriately just hire security to kick them out and rp it IC.

I can understand Davis kids(not the adults) being a bit weird since it is a nightclub for adults, but honestly what's wrong with rural adults from Sandy rolling into the city for a good time ooc? I mean it's not out of the ordinary irl for adults to take long drives into town for whatever reason with the vehicle they own. 

46 minutes ago, El Bandito said:

What's wrong with adult characters from Davis or Sandy entering high end nightclubs ooc even if they rolled up in a farm truck or BMX? If they cause trouble or dress inappropriately just hire security to kick them out and rp it IC.

I can understand Davis kids(not the adults) being a bit weird since it is a nightclub for adults, but honestly what's wrong with rural adults from Sandy rolling into the city for a good time ooc? I mean it's not out of the ordinary irl for adults to take long drives into town for whatever reason with the vehicle they own. 

I totally agree with you on the point of security. They shouldn't be allowed to enter by security. However, we as humans have the ability to process the fact that, if an environment is not inclusive for a certain target group of people, be that because of high-cost entertainment, high-cost service or dress code, or age, we don't even bother thinking about getting involved with it.
And I'm sorry for not being more elaborate earlier, but this goes both ways. Even rich people rolling up on the countryside as a daily form of entertainment is wrong. And yes, it is not out of ordinary to for adult to take long drives, but I pressure the point of that being a daily phenomenon with the same faces.

My point is, characters are spending their time in areas where ICly they wouldn't want to be and shouldn't be, just for the sake of OOC fun. Players are choosing to break the logic of their character for the OOC fun that is most accessible at the time they're online. Instead, they should be investing in finding or creating the opportunity for entertainment that would also be on the benefit of the OOC fun of the player and also suitable for the character.
If the players feel like a certain type of environment is more OOC fun for them, then they should roll with a character that would feel included in that environment. 

Edit: I'm not trying to convince anyone or trying to get people to change my mind. Just stated how I see things to be.
If we don't agree because of how we judge what's normal and what's not, then we just agree to disagree.

Edited by Gambler
  • Gore locked this topic