The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

Because (whilst a good thing, don't crucify me), this server caters to sensitive types, people who use RP as an escape aren't usually social butterflies outside of a PC screen, and once their feelings are hurt, or something doesn't go their own way, they spit their dummies out.

Half the shit you see on the forums you would have been strung up and bullied relentlessly for on other communities, LSRP/RCRP etc, whilst it's a good thing this doesn't happen anymore, it's a factor to why.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, Oaks. said:

Because (whilst a good thing, don't crucify me), this server caters to sensitive types, people who use RP as an escape aren't usually social butterflies outside of a PC screen, and once their feelings are hurt, or something doesn't go their own way, they spit their dummies out.

Half the shit you see on the forums you would have been strung up and bullied relentlessly for on other communities, LSRP/RCRP etc, whilst it's a good thing this doesn't happen anymore, it's a factor to why.

Meh, it's GTAW we're talking about here, the community famous for framing certain people as very illegal individuals over a 🅱ideo 🅱ame. It's far from the safe-space you make it out to be.

I think we all know there's certain players on the GTAW Naughty List that are bullied and will always be bullied until the day they leave, if they deserve it or not isn't my say but there's some very obvious examples out there of the community banding together to string up and bully players they don't agree with. Remember, a lot of the community is made up of players from both RCRP and LSRP.

GTAW caters to sensitive types, just maybe not the sensitive types you'd think.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
  • Upvote 3

I think it's fine to report players, as long as you're doing it out of genuine concern and not out of OOC hate. Personally, I let /a lot/ of things slide, even if it's at a loss for me. I try to take it all as much as possible ICly. The only thing that I straight up don't tolerate though is illegal RPers who will provoke a problem and then look for a way to escalate just enough where they will be able to kill you without making it look like blatant deathmatching.

• Upvote 1

You wanna know the answer? too many people don't understand the server rules and we constantly have to remind them, or punish them. If more people took the time to read and understand the rules, there wouldn't be people reporting things like "Someone just robbed me and took my phone!". If someone doesn't appear to be a native English speaker but they were understandable? is that something you really want to report? personally I'd wish the guy well in his effort to learn English more fluently, I know quite a lot of people have learned English from roleplaying, though of course if their English is terrible then they should do some studying before playing here.

You can ask questions too, that's what /helpme is for, if you're unsure of something then going straight to a /report while being frustrated isn't the way to go. Being frustrated is actually never the way to go, and we see it in a large majority of roleplay reports, take a breather, relax, and ask for assistance, be polite to your fellow community members even if you don't agree with what they did.

Edited by Viscaria
  • Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic