The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

4 hours ago, Thuggy said:

If you're able to work it out between yourselves, there shouldn't be a reason for a player report. If the other party is being obnoxious and/or oblivious to their own rule-breaking and refuses to see eye to eye with you, then I don't see the issue with opening a player report. The whole culture of "no snitching" is lame. It's a game. People seem to have problem differentiating between their character and themselves. 

There is because this server has a silly rule of where players can't void situations amongst themselves. Thus limiting what players can do and can't do because they can be punished for it. So, the server administration is making it go that direction by forcing an escalation.  

Edited by Momo's Revenge
1 hour ago, Momo's Revenge said:

There is because this server has a silly rule of where players can't void situations amongst themselves. Thus limiting what players can do and can't do because they can be punished for it. So, the server administration is making it go that direction by forcing an escalation.  

i've never really seen any admin not deny a void if every party involved is 100% okay with it. if there has been then im sorry but you got a relatively shit admin who cares a bit too much about the rules. oh and literally players can void their own situations easily (if again, every player is 100% okay with voiding ) cos admins aren't an all-seeing eye as we think em to be.

Edited by Woona
Just now, Woona said:

i've never really seen any admin not deny a void if every party involved is 100% okay with it. if there has been then im sorry but you got a relatively shit admin who cares a bit too much about the rules.

The issue isn't case by case denials 100%. It's forcing an admin to intervene which is making the situation go toward escalating or forcing a wait. Wait times are horrible a lot of the time and there is zero communication whatsoever from staff's end. There is no queue number that players can see. There are no progress updates saying 'hey we're looking into it and will get back to you'. The necessity of having to get an admin involved just to void does not encourage people to resolve things themselves. Overall it's bad customer service and considering how server features are heavily tied into paying for a service (furniture/businesses) to be on the same playing field as other players... That is horrible. That's my perspective working a CS job. End result is even if both players are wanting to void, they are still potentially waiting anywhere from 1 minute to twenty minutes and upwards to never getting a response. It would be like at my job if I absolutely had to get a supervisor to clear every single situation I handle instead of just fixing it with the person. The way things are now just ups queue times and makes existing problems worse. The messed up thing is a lot of these issues are easily fixable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Gore locked this topic