The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

19 minutes ago, Goonbag said:

Sorry fam can’t hear you from the archive section. 

Thank you for proving my point.

1 hour ago, Procaine said:

I have no experience doing illegal roleplay, but roleplaying as a cop, it's a very slim chance in my experience that the Illegal roleplayer will actually appreciate the roleplay, not complain, and not be upset they "lost" even if they made a silly mistake to get caught. They are usually extremely bitter OOCly. I have had some organizations, such as Little Tokyo, be extremely courteous OOCly via Discord and awesome roleplayers in general.

And I'll agree with the above comments, it seems as if even if a player is "wrong" for doing something, they are left unpunished and told to "void" the situation entirely, speaking from past reports with blatant metagame. This is a win for the reported party, and a loss for the reporting person.

That's the unfortunate state of the scene. You'll have people who genuinely enjoy the roleplay and make a good experience out of it overall for both parties, but people taking things OOC and getting all bitter about it when things don't go their way seems to be more common here. Most people make every effort to try and wriggle out of a situation they put themselves in ICly through admin intervention.

• Upvote 1

There is more things going on in the world than reporting someone on GTA World, let people have their fun. I’m not an admin, if the admins want to deal with them then sure but for me? It’s difficult to control this many people so I see why reports are a thing, however I have better things to do than go back and forth with someone on the forums over a game. Just enjoy your life people, don’t get consumed by hate. 

2 hours ago, SOLDADO said:

While I do agree with the OP regarding the current "culture of reporting," you cannot advocate for petty reports and then create a discussion around how the community needs to stray away from that behavior. For refence:

Don't be the guy you don't want to see.

I don’t think you of all people should be saying this…

• Upvote 1

Not every error deserves a report, we need to learn how to let things go when they're not major. Certain situations can be addressed or corrected by communicating with each other.

Reporting someone is time consuming for the person creating the report, the reported party and the admin team. In my opinion reports should only be done if the situation was significant.

Edited by Hezzy
3 hours ago, munnezza said:

Best course of action is trying to help the other player understand what he's done wrong and how he can prevent it in the future. If they're not being cooperative, then you can report. 

Corrective action > Punitive action

This works with the exception that a lot of these guys know exactly what they're doing. You see the same names in the report section over and over for months.

• Upvote 5

If you're able to work it out between yourselves, there shouldn't be a reason for a player report. If the other party is being obnoxious and/or oblivious to their own rule-breaking and refuses to see eye to eye with you, then I don't see the issue with opening a player report. The whole culture of "no snitching" is lame. It's a game. People seem to have problem differentiating between their character and themselves. 

Edited by Thuggy
  • Gore locked this topic