The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

19 hours ago, Ukkometso said:

I absolutely dislike frequent typos and poor grammar. (If they're roleplaying someone who doesn't speak English they get a pass, so long as they're doing it properly) I would report every case of this, but the amount of time reports take is just not worth it.

idk if ur serious or not

4 minutes ago, Ukkometso said:

What's wrong with what I said? That I expect people to speak English on an English RP server?

We all started somewhere, didn't we? My english was very bad when I started on lsrp. If I had been banned from the server for that, I would never have gotten better. Maybe you should lower your high expectations a bit and give people the chance to improve.

If you see someone struggling with a grammatical problem or two, open your mouth and help him, my god.

Edited by AVAR

I've been robbed and lost numerous items with some questionable RP from the robbers but just went with it because it created more roleplay for me down the line, also think those players were somewhat new so everyone has to start somewhere. I only report if its something severe to the point it ruins my RP entirely through rulebreaking e.g. being shot in the head for literally no reason or just severe rulebreaking in general. Mainly cause if it doesn't get reported it'll continue to happen to players and ruin their experience also. Minor rulebreaks tend to just get verbal warnings and I'd rather give advice to the player instead of stringing along the report process and causing needless work for admins.

6 minutes ago, Fenris said:

I've been robbed and lost numerous items with some questionable RP from the robbers but just went with it because it created more roleplay for me down the line, also think those players were somewhat new so everyone has to start somewhere. I only report if its something severe to the point it ruins my RP entirely through rulebreaking e.g. being shot in the head for literally no reason or just severe rulebreaking in general. Mainly cause if it doesn't get reported it'll continue to happen to players and ruin their experience also. Minor rulebreaks tend to just get verbal warnings and I'd rather give advice to the player instead of stringing along the report process and causing needless work for admins.

Bro I'd love to agree with you but my character's been robbed in excess of 250 times now and if I were to RP that they'd be in a mental asylum. I try to just let them go but holy moly do they ever break a handful of rules every time. The reporting will continue until RP standards improve imo

Edited by Sush
4 minutes ago, Sush said:

Bro I'd love to agree with you but my character's been robbed in excess of 250 times now and if I were to RP that they'd be in a mental asylum. I try to just let them go but holy moly do they ever break a handful of rules every time. The reporting will continue until RP standards improve imo

No I agree but if its minor shitty rp I just go with it. I try to get most reports handled in game.

A lot of the reports are petty, but the pettiest one by far that I've read has been where the reported party despawned their vehicle in front of other players. Is that REALLY worth reporting? 

Non rped car crashes get reported quite often and I don't really see a reason for that. Most of these could be settled over PM's by simply asking the other person to return and RP the crash properly. Personally, unless it's a hugeee crash where one of the players is hurt, I'm fine with voiding since I understand most players won't benefit from roleplaying a minor car crash that was caused from lag and whatnot. 

As for the rest of the reports, some are petty, some are not.  Like someone above me mentioned, if you pay attention to the reports section, there are a handful of players who seem to always have someone to report. 

• Upvote 1

i'm gonna start reporting people who say "I need to go to the toilet" and then AFK in there instead of actually RPing taking a dump. you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... you must be IC at all times... 

• Gore locked this topic