The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

2 minutes ago, Writer said:

People are a victim to their own ego, and ego / dignity drives them to report. 

Someone steals a phone and some money off you in a reckless frenzy. There's some issues you believe are to be reported, only minor issues though. They're being naïve and leaving evidence that leads to a warrant, arrest and seizure of drugs and weapons etc. They're eventually hit with life incarcerated.

You, however, lost a phone and some money. You maybe got punched once or twice too.

Who's the loser in the situation? 

I see this situation with LEO reports quite a lot.

Okay, the perp shot you.

But if the perp were to lose in said scenario they’re looking at either life in prison or a ck. The LEO is looking at a respawn and immediately returning to duty.

get on with your life omie, take the L.

• Upvote 1

Some people report things that are pathetic and clogs up the report section and time admins have to put into it. Other times people don't care enough to report things that would improve the server.

Things like car crashes and people choosing not to roleplay it? I simply don't care if someone doesn't want to roleplay a crash and I'd rather just continue on my way.

Currently have a report up against myself that just makes me laugh (mostly because they're targetting the wrong person out of anger) but also because they're wasting admins time for something they chose to do to themselves.

I’ll report real bad RP if they obviously shouldn’t of made it past the application process given English is one of the key points of that but that’s an IG report and I leave it. No need to go to the forums. 

For player conflicts, if it can’t be resolved like adults without needing a literal other grown ass human who’s also just playing a game and isi n the same boat as you with some power on a game, then you taking an L by just having to argue with some fuckwit on a forum. 

only time I really care is DM or PG as they completely fuck up the scene. Trolling can go take a running leap too when it goes past a slight chuckle you’d get from a random crack head on the street. 

if I see someone non rp drive and they go down a cliff? Whatever that’s on you and shit happens. As long as you didn’t wipe me out idc. But I’m also still very much in that old LSRP mindset of /b Skip. /pay 2500 xxx for a pay n spray lmao 

if it’s not ruining your day, or greatly inconvenienced you for more than 5 minutes, and an admin can’t help you IG, then yeah forum time. 

A lot of those more petty reports could actually be solved with a better OOC communication :x 

I know a lot of people seem to believe good OOC communication is *the devil* but it's also the reason why most RP communities don't have this report problem, only the GTA one. 😕 

Many of these kinda reports come from the same usual problems:

1) The reporter assumes malicious intent from the get-go

2) The reporter wasn't always clear in their OOC communication to explain the problem to the reportee (if they ever contacted anyone)

3) The issue at hand wouldn't have created much RP or disrupted much RP, if at all.

Never had to report anyone, because whenever something like that happens, I contact the other person, be somewhat nice, assume it was probably a mistake or an oversight, and most of the time yeah it was just a honest mistake. ^^' 

2 hours ago, Ukkometso said:

I absolutely dislike frequent typos and poor grammar. (If they're roleplaying someone who doesn't speak English they get a pass, so long as they're doing it properly) I would report every case of this, but the amount of time reports take is just not worth it.

So you must be reporting 24/7. You are definitely a part of the problem. Which is not necessarily a good thing.

Reporting for that is like calling 911 because McDonald's forgot to give you your nuggets.

2 hours ago, Goonbag said:

I see this situation with LEO reports quite a lot.

Okay, the perp shot you.

But if the perp were to lose in said scenario they’re looking at either life in prison or a ck. The LEO is looking at a respawn and immediately returning to duty.

get on with your life omie, take the L.

If the reported players got punished then they broke a rule, and it was report-worthy. Who is going to report you if you don't break any rules?

2 hours ago, books said:

ever noticed how it's like the same 5-10 people responsible for 90% of forum reports lol

the only thing the report forum is good for is bloodsports and drama farming, which is what most people reading it are interested in

Yeah it's LEO rpers because guess what criminal roleplayers have a tendency to break server rules to get away with shit. Whether it's pulling out a gun against 10 cops to get out of an arrest by PKing or ignoring PITs and crashes.

Way I see it, every player like that you report is doing the server a favor. They have no business playing on this server. Normally it would be Staff's duty to be proactive and deal with this shit as it happens but oh well, someone's gotta' pick up the slack and throw the garbage out.

And before you get your knickers in a knot and start crying 'boo hoo you're bigoted against criminal rpers' go look at the forum report section and you'll see that 90% of the people being punished are criminal RPers who broke a rule. Facts can't be biased.

Edited by averycoolguy
  • Upvote 2
  • Gore locked this topic