The culture of reporting on this server

Goonbag

Howdy team,

Your friendly pal Goonbag here hoping to open up some friendly discussion!

What does GTA World think about the current culture of reporting within the community? Do you think that some people need to learn to chillax and let some things slide, or do you think that we need to report anything and everything in order to maintain a high level of roleplay within the server?

Personally, I will only report if the situation creates a significant loss for myself or my faction. I find it unnecessary to report players for trivial things, such as accidentally running into a stop sign, but I’ve noticed some members of the community get extremely hung up on those sorts of things.

For example, if someone assaults your character, and you DON’T lose anything, is it really necessary to report that player? Random assaults occur in real life, could you not just go along with your day and roleplay it that way?

A lot of these small and subjectively trivial reports are clogging up the forum reports section and taking up a lot of the admins time. I also feel like they are taking the attention away from reports in which (subjective again) quite large losses have taken place because they are a lot easier to administrate.

It’s much easier for an admin to make a decision on a report regarding someone not roleplaying the effect of the withdrawal script making you fall over than it is to make a decision on a scam involving 9 people, 300k worth of guns and resulting in 4 dead people. BUT, the first instance is victimless, the second has a number of victims (is that the right word? 👀)

tl:dr

If you have not suffered any loss, do you REALLY need to take the time to write a nine paragraph essay forum report for something that will likely just end in a voided situation and a “wArNiNg” or are you just wasting everyone’s time?

• Upvote 8

I'd report if someone does rp that dosnt fit the theme of this server i.e

/me search wrist take gun

/me shoot you

and of course unrealistic roleplay but in the end it depends honestly, how can you work it out together? Void it? Talk it out? Compensate or whatever? No? Then go for admins.

But that's not always happening (the solving before admin) because people tend to just ignore or stop talking to you instead and then get upset you didnt talk to them when the report is up.

tldr

reporting isnt a waste of time, reporting just to waste time is.

ever noticed how it's like the same 5-10 people responsible for 90% of forum reports lol

the only thing the report forum is good for is bloodsports and drama farming, which is what most people reading it are interested in

Edited by books
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Ukkometso said:

I absolutely dislike frequent typos and poor grammar. (If they're roleplaying someone who doesn't speak English they get a pass, so long as they're doing it properly) I would report every case of this, but the amount of time reports take is just not worth it.

You must be fun at parties. 

• Upvote 15
  • Applaud 1
11 minutes ago, Ukkometso said:

I absolutely dislike frequent typos and poor grammar. (If they're roleplaying someone who doesn't speak English they get a pass, so long as they're doing it properly) I would report every case of this, but the amount of time reports take is just not worth it.

ur the problem dawg

• Upvote 1

People are a victim to their own ego, and ego / dignity drives them to report. 

Someone steals a phone and some money off you in a reckless frenzy. There's some issues you believe are to be reported, only minor issues though. They're being naïve and leaving evidence that leads to a warrant, arrest and seizure of drugs and weapons etc. They're eventually hit with life incarcerated.

You, however, lost a phone and some money. You maybe got punched once or twice too.

Who's the loser in the situation? 

• Upvote 1
  • Gore locked this topic