Move the hotspot from Mirror Park to Vespucci

Pascal

Vespucci Hotspot  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Move the hotspot to Vespucci?

• Yes, move the hotspot to Vespucci, but keep the NPC businesses in Mirror Park scripted
    • Yes, move the hotspot to Vespucci, but descript the NPC businesses in Mirror Park
    • No, keep the hotspot in Mirror Park

This poll is closed to new votes

E: Go vote!

YyzuDCH.png

Started to think Vespucci would make a much better hotspot in comparison to Mirror Park. Here's why:

Vespucci supports more character backgrounds, whilst Mirror Park is restricted to middle class

Mirror Park is a small, entirely middle class area. Vespucci on the other hand has lower class housing to the south, some middle and upper class housing around the canals, and is a stone's throw from the richer area that's only a few roads north of it. Venice Beach (Vespucci IRL equivalent) is a popular tourist destination and bustling with different backgrounds from all walks off life. It'd make much more sense to have many different types of characters visit there in comparison to Mirror Park - some people could be having days out at the beach, some people could be panhandling, some people could do street performances etc.

Vespucci is not too large and is open - making it easy to find people

Although the Vespucci area is slightly larger than Mirror Park, the beach areas and the nearby roads are quite wide and open - it wouldn't be too hard to quickly drive around and find people either on the beach, on the pier, or by one of the businesses.

Playerbase size has grown to support it

At the moment of writing this up, the playerbase online is almost at 90. Although Vespucci is slightly bigger than Mirror Park, the playerbase size is starting to outgrow Mirror Park. There's a lot of times during peaks where Mirror Park will be brimming with parked vehicles and people, I'm currently IG whilst typing this up and there's over a dozen people in the car park alone and cars almost completely filling the small carpark hotspot. 

Vespucci has more 'things to do' than Mirror Park

There's not a whole lot you can RP with Mirror Park besides walking around the park and visiting its businesses. On the other hand, Vespucci boasts a beach gym and tennis court, a skatepark, various small vendors to interact with, and a pier with all of its attractions + businesses that players can open, and a place to casually fish at to pass time when no one is around.

Huge local business diversity

There's a huge amount of interesting businesses around the Vespucci area. The beach is full of different store fronts that could be incredibly cheap to rent out and run, and then there's a lot of unique restaurants and other RP businesses just next to the beachfront. Mirror Park has a few interesting businesses, but is quite limited in its choice due to its size.

All 'essential businesses' exist in Vespucci

All the essential local businesses (clothes store, tattoo parlor, hairdresser + mask store) exist around Vespucci. There's some from SP/Online and plenty of spare unscripted buildings of these types that could be added in too.

Makes more sense: 1) It's Summer and 2) More likely to have people at the beach vs in a car park

With it being summer, people would be likely to hang around the beach a fair bit. On top of that, it makes more sense to have people 'just show up' around a popular attraction area/beach than in a car park.

Mirror Park is isolated and has a "No Man's Land" around it, whereas Vespucci is surrounded by stuff in almost all directions

The area immediately outside of Mirror Park is basically a "No Man's Land" - there's an industrial estate to the south, a completely empty mountain area to the east, a huge highway to the west, and very little to the north besides a few potential businesses in Vinewood to the north west. On the other hand, Vespucci is surrounded with other areas that players could expand out to later.

Highway connects Vespucci and new Paleto hotspot directly

Vespucci connects directly to the new Paleto hotspot through the western highway - it'd be much more convenient to travel between Vespucci and Paleto than Mirror Park.

Businesses are scripted there already

There's already a few initial businesses setup around Vespucci, including two(?) player owned businesses and a few NPC businesses nearby. With some stuff there already, it's not as bad as transitioning to an area with absolutely no support.

Edited by Pascal
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Adero said:

How does one move a hotspot? Players must be attracted there, I doubt that players will randomly start hanging elsewhere without having something to attract them, such as businesses and a handy ATM/Bank.

Once Paleto got announced as an additional hotspot, people started moving there - way before they could even do hunting. If Vespucci got official recognition as a new hotspot, players would more than likely shift over just the same - which is even easier as Vespucci is still in the city bounds, and has a huge number + diversity of housing for players to move into.

All that's needed is 1) official recognition and 2) script support for a similar move to be made.

While I don't completely disagree with this suggestion, I do have some very strong opinions in regards to RP hotspots. I most certainly agree that Mirror Park is redundant for RP, but at the same time we can't dismiss the fact that after one week of Paleto Bay's expansion, Mirror Park activity has been shrinking gradually - this is a positive thing. Mirror Park is a neighbourhood with no public transport links other than bus routes. It's a neighbourhood with one hangout spot (the plaza/boulevard) and no PD, FD, city hall, or train station. It has absolutely nothing to make it a sustainable area to live in, and plus there are no real reasons to hang out there, even for RP work. 

While Vespucci is a great area for roleplay, to accommodate people of all financial and ethnic backgrounds, we do have to consider that the Mirror Park problem will be shifting over to Vespucci later, if this were to go through. Vespucci is great, because it has sea access, and the Del Perro train station is nearby. There are public transport links, a pier, businesses, apartments (skyscrapers and motel-types), and houses. 

I suggest that instead of shifting the hotspot to one area (how do you even do that?), instead we should spread the hotspots between four main areas. These areas are the incorporated cities in the Los Santos county - Del Perro, Davis, Rockford Hills, and parts of Los Santos city. I believe this is ideal, because each of these areas have everything we need - a city hall, a PD station, FD station, public transport links, businesses, housing, etc. Forming hotspots in areas with train stations is the better idea, in my opinion, because it just makes sense. If train systems ever become a thing, then it'll actually be nice for players to travel between hotspots through public transport. Davis, Del Perro, and Rockford Hills each accommodate different socio-economic classes, from low to medium to high, respectively. The beach is great for RP, and I absolutely love Vespucci, but we do have to consider that other people have attachments to other parts of the county. I'd love nothing more than for Mirror Park to be completely barren and closed off, but the only way we can really shift hotspots is through social change. We need to bring life into these potential hotspots, through doing more outdoors roleplay, and through bringing people into these other areas. 

• Upvote 1
  • Adero locked this topic