Reworking the Alarm System and Burglaries

Bospy

Basic Alarm (Security Company Response Only) - 500 per paycheck

Basic Alarm (Police Response) - 1000 per paycheck

Basic Alarm (All Respond) - 1500 per paycheck

Are there prices an April Fool's Joke? You want an alarm to cost almost twice the unemployment paycheck? In what world is that realistic?

An LSPD employee gets some 2000$ per hour, spending half of that on an alarm is insane.

Why do y'all hate civilians so much on this server? Hard to buy guns, get reported if you use it to defend yourself or others, constantly victims of shitty robberies and murders.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

I think a rework is much needed but the more I read, the quicker I lost support for the suggested changes. Most businesses or households don’t contain a return value even close to the suggested pricing of alarms, services and cost of tools to get in.

Looking forward to seeing change, even if it’s just a fraction of the suggested above.

This all seems overly complicated. All this is going to do is turn the alarm system into another thing to grind and further encourage a grinding mentality just so people can keep a decent alarm in their house. Completely disagree with this. I'm all for revamping the system to allow for criminals who break in to have more time to enjoy the RP, but this isn't it.

Reform the break-in system and hire a sub-team that's solely dedicated to spectating break-ins in order to improve response time on break-in requests. Reform the system to allow for people to RP'ly install security systems and alarms through IC pricing dictated by IC security companies, then add this information to the /stashinfo or /pinfo for the spectating Admin to use discretion as required. Reform police response so that an army doesn't have to show up every time some small-time house robber wants to steal a few things. Add in personal items that can be stolen from a property for people to be able to turn around and sell, either script wise or to other players (TV's, stereo, jewelry, etc). This can help take the focus off of targeting houses solely for drugs or guns. Give them something else to focus on. I think this whole thing can be approached a different way without all the proposed changes that I feel are just far too complicated and unnecessary.

Edited by - Alfie -
  • Wuhtah locked this topic