Reworking the Alarm System and Burglaries

Bospy

29 minutes ago, Hendrixx20 said:

Supported, last time I saw a house alarm go off, seconds later two bearcats were on scene without even investigating if it's false or positive.

I sympathize with this. Considering you have to (I would imagine) plan out a burglary and then wait for an admin, it's not fair if you don't even get a chance.

That being said, this idea is WAY out in the other direction. To start, you can't pull the "in real life" card because it's never an apples to apples comparison. Crime is nowhere near as prevalent in any civilized city as it is in our Los Santos. You need to pay IRL money (consistently) to have a fucking camera outside your house which is sooo easy to get in real life. Window guards, which are commonplace in any big city, aren't possible on the server. None of this compares to real life, which is fine, but you have to recognize that.

House alarms aren't even hard to acquire in real life. Nerf them if you want. Instill false positives, make them less effective, let IFM disable them, add that alarm notice. That's all good. 80k for 50% effectiveness, 160k for 60%, then easily the cost of a house for the more reliable ones? You're off the shits if you think this makes remotely any sense. Only for major companies and businesses? You mean all the bars and custom item scripts that store nothing that anyone cares about?

11 minutes ago, Bospy said:

The prices aren't for the alarms, they also reflect the hard security measures taken to secure the house such as camera coverage/windows/double-bolting locks/etc.

I'm sorry, but do you even know how affordable those things are?

This is going to heavily tilt house robberies in the favor of illegal RP'ers, which is fine but you might wanna be laying down some focus on where & when. 

For example, any apartments or houses directly adjacent or even within a 1 block radius of a police department should simply not even be tried.

Same would go for a few government buildings really! 🙂 

4 minutes ago, cracked said:

This is going to heavily tilt house robberies in the favor of illegal RP'ers,

Have you ever tried to get a /breakin report answered? It's almost impossible unless theirs about eight admins on. Now i'm not bashing the admins because the whole system is flawed. But the OP alarm systems needs a rework NOW.   +1

Edited by Cartoonhead

I'm definitely for nerfing alarms and giving criminals a chance, I do any breakin I get only 1 emote  out before an alarm goes off and I got 10 cruisers and a helicopter on me. And asking if I can do anything against the alarm by the admin was a hard no, not possible. 

Another script solotuion to a ROLEPLAY problem, there is nothing wrong with current alarms ( just allow for buglars to SOMETIMES disable them) Cops unrealistic response to alarms? How will the script help? This should be handled on a faction basis through it's leadership and IFM/LFM having conversations and pushing the standards to go up. Trying to solve shitty rp with script changes is only going to lead to more shit rp.

EDIT: Unlike this mythical belief, burglaries are not THAT common, just with like robberies on gtaw they do not happen as often as they do on gtaw. Adjust the current system with ability to disable alarms and false positives but this system is actually going to create an issue where nobody will keep anything in their houses.

Edited by shiroq

alarms are so bad that u literally have to count to 50 or have a stopwatch and dip at that time or else you are definitely getting caught. i had a stopwatch up and we dipped at roughly 70 seconds which is quite late considering wiwang ping the police after 60 and then make noise at 90. even with us leaving at 70 we had cops literally barely miss us. desperately needs a rework. i'd love to be able to put more effort into my searches or do better robberies where you can actually gain advantages by learning the layout of the place you're hitting. unfortunately with so little time the only option you're left with is 5 word emotes searching whatever you see first. if the admin doesn't instantly reply with what you'd find, gg, breakin wasted.

while i think the proposed alarm solution bospy proposes is ridiculous, alarms should take much longer to activate. right now, if you have a wiwang alarm and a level 9 safe? you have basically 60 seconds to find and bust the safe open before cops arrive. it's impossible.

+1, much needed update. I just think that something being prohibitively expensive isn't necessarily a deterrent, especially for the average cop char who's been here for years and tanked millions in cash or your average "legal" role-play who can drops 7 figures at a moment's notice. Another thing that shouldn't exactly happen is every single character running around with "professional" tools and hitting licks like they can disable alarms or tap into private CCTV networks. I know you can do it with basic networking skills but the issue surfaces when you have (M) gang characters going around with these.

Another part of this that I would add is these tools shouldn't just be "burglary tools" but rather individual tools. Bolt cutters, portable sensors, etc, so it doesn't deter criminal role-players from simply having them. Hasn't it always been a pain in the ass to get jailed for "possession of burglary tools" when you just had a hammer on you? It'd be awkward to be charged more harshly for simply having something very meta-game-y in your /inv. Surely police role-players are held to a higher standard and they won't necessarily get away with putting people away just because but we know how that goes and it's not good to just trust everybody.

P.S. Perhaps administration could currently, with the current system in place, take a more realistic approach to alarms triggering with a delay or not. The main problem everybody complains about is incredibly heightened police response but this is the direct result of a hit squad ready to mass murder cops on 95% of the triggered alarms on the server. It's why tactical teams are there in no time, more often than not. Making a lot of false positives deters that kind of response in the long run by seeking an actual confirmation. 

Edited by liq
  • Wuhtah locked this topic