Discussion: Illegal Faction Revamp

khadijeh.

Do you want to see the faction tier system on the server instead of the current faction system?  

581 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm all for it but I think one thing should be amended, unsure if it's been mentioned before but as a group progresses through these tiers, they should be stripped off perks instead of adding additional ones. A small group needs a push, and that's certainly provided for by these tiers and perks. But as a group develops so will their connection and access to other things. What I'm trying to get at is that these rewards are super beneficial to new groups starting up and we shouldn't reward old/good/standout factions for doing what they should be doing. 

- Make the tiers less rewarding as factions progress.
- Less perks/rewards for higher-tier groups as they should already have made means to obtain drugs, weapons, warehouses etc IG.

• Tier 1 - Faction [3+ months]
    • 1 IFM Property (stash, farm, scheme property etc.)
    • 150g of drugs [paid] 
    • 3 weapons a month, limited to handguns AND shotguns AND melee (30 ammo per) [paid]

• Tier 3 - Official Faction [12+ months]
    • 3 IFM Properties (stash, farm, scheme property etc.) - why do they need to be given 3 properties? if a faction has been around for 12 months they should have enough properties and the money to purchase it, why the extra 3 more?
    • 3x Access to the IFM Discord (leadership)
    • 10 weapons a month, limited to handguns AND shotguns AND melee (50 ammo per) [paid] - why do they need 10 straps a month when they have means to obtain these guns with other roleplayers through rp (robbery, purchasing, dealing etc), getting 10 guns a month from a higher-power is lazy and a missed opportunity to roleplay shit authentically. You're paying IFM when you cud be paying another roleplayer.
    • 1 automatic weapon (included in the 10)
    • 450g of drugs [paid] - Same as above, it just defeats any rp of looking for and purchasing the 450g. If your faction is struggling to find drugs to buy then that's ur faction issue, you can't just remedy it with lootboxes from IFM to keep u from complaining about supplier shit. Plus this goes against the whole bias with official groups, admins and all that bollocks. Why reward factions who are likely to have maj supplier status with more guns and drugs.
    • UCP Promotion
    • GTA:W Domain (subject to Panda)
    • Faction Mods (subject to approval from Head of Factions)
    • Thread is highlighted, not exempt from activity.

Make tiers beneficial to starting groups with potential to be a Official Faction.
      Make Official Factions work for what they already hold onto, not to give them more shit.
      Push newer groups with these perks to then establish further connections, not to be dependant on OOC IFM drops.
      Strip these perks once they've established themselves, and if they can't survive without IFM intervention then they shouldn't be up.
Edited by yungskywalker
  • Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, voucher said:

I think that it’s overall a good idea, but the month requirements should be removed. The quality of the faction and its roleplay should determine moving up exclusively, how long the faction has been around is irrelevant. 

Is using longevity the best measure of quality? Definitely not.

However the current system is much worse, where a factions quality is determined on IFMs biases (whether or not you agree with their biases). This is a step in the right direction to address the issue of cliquing. 

It's an alright idea, a much better way of regulating faction drops would be trough activity. The more activity your faction has and members (only members that have been in the faction for more then 2 weeks should count) the more things you get. This ofc would need a limit to how much you can get. The rest is pretty good, but there are factions on this server that haven't done shit for the past 6 months or more but still post a screenshot every 2 weeks to avoid being archived, those factions do not deserve tier 3.

Looks not bad. I'm not amazed, but I'm not against in on principle. Now I'm probably not the best person to ask, since all my illegal characters have so far been factionless for their entire lifetime ^^' 

UTOPIA isn't wrong on several aspects. I'm not really a fan of his "it's just free stuff" reasoning, since it was mentioned that quality would be a major factor. But... it's true it may complicate IFM's life a lot and give them a fuckton of factors to take into account.

Not even counting the illegal factions that don't fit your usual cliché, and have very different needs. What of a more discreet crime group that has no use for drugs and guns, but have other needs, for example? I'm saying that because I'm directly concerned, literally zero of my illegal chars have ever sold drugs or guns ^^' I wouldn't know what to do with those. 

And the other way around: what of factions that are developing a very strong weapons-oriented RP? They'd still somehow get drugs they got no use for, but not the sweet automatic weapons they should/may IC'ly obtain. But then, that means you open exceptions and exceptions and exceptions, until everyone becomes an exception, so there is no consistency anymore x') 

So, yes, there are a few things that may prove challenging as time passes, like Utopia mentioned :x 

That said, I understand the time gate is just to give a sense of equality to people. To be fair... while I get why most people don't like the time gate, I understand why it's there. A *lot* of the complaints I've seen on this forum and elsewhere, about IFM, was that "this faction leader is a friend of IFM admins so he got official in 3 days of shitty RP". Setting up a fixed time gate, like for property requests, essentially eliminates this specific complaint. So, not a fan, but it /does/ fix a problem, so eh why not? ^^

All in all it does kind of feel like an MMORPG progression system, with tiers of talents unlocked for your guild. That said, it doesn't mean it's a BAD thing at all ^^ The real challenge will really be to keep it IC'ly coherent (aka: don't give the same shit to every gang even if it makes no sense for them), while making it possible for IFM to manage it without turning that into a full-time job. 

3 hours ago, voucher said:

I think that it’s overall a good idea, but the month requirements should be removed. The quality of the faction and its roleplay should determine moving up exclusively, how long the faction has been around is irrelevant. 

Agreed.