Discussion: Illegal Faction Revamp

khadijeh.

Do you want to see the faction tier system on the server instead of the current faction system?  

581 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Tifa said:

Is there a way to know a faction's tier or will it only be an administrative thing?

This hasn't been decided on yet, so suggestions about this is welcome. We kind of want to avoid the whole nepotism rating thing though so it might end up being private to administration.

6 minutes ago, nateX said:

I have to agree with @i dont wanna od in LA here. There is absolutely no need or use for some time requirement to determine if your faction gets weapons or doesn't, that should all be determined ICly. What will happen if this system is implemented, is that factions that drag on for 6+ months will become independent with the amount of guns and drugs that gets given to them, there will be no need to build IC connections. There are tons of old factions which have no reason to exist on the west coast and there are currently more east coast crime than west coast crime on the server (gangs excluded). There have been times when Los Santos had 6 vors running the city when realistically that would never happen, especially when being crowned a vor has been banned since the mid 2010s, which apparently everyone ignores and gets crowned left, right, and centre. What the tier system would enable is an RPG mechanic which should never be a thing on an RP server that pushes for realism. People have been begging for quality checks when it comes to factions.

Weaponry and guns should absolutely not be the main focus here. I also want to address this as I didn't mention it in the post, but if we push this then we will (most likely) be prohibiting the looting culture. There is going to be less that are readily available and going back into circulation.

These amounts, also, as stated, are not final. They are subject to change, but the proposal is to show the increments. Guns are necessary in some areas of roleplay, they provide a lot to the roleplay when they are actually used in a way that provides and encourages roleplay rather than the escalation mindset of any danger -> gun. This is a mindset we need to change before even considering such a change like this. Escalation needs to be finely defined, or at least guidelines so that we aren't having as many gun shootings. With looting being removed, hopefully people will value themselves longer.

There has been many issues with how factions have been ran in the past, we are all aware of this. There has been some incredibly unrealistic concepts that were allowed to last for way too long, and there is still discrepancies. We need to work through these, of course, and I completely see the concern about them.

To clarify, gun suppliers will not get additional guns. Factions who have a supplier will not benefit from that supplier type. A gun supplier faction may still get small amounts of drugs but they wouldn't get the gun booster.

4 minutes ago, lucky_ said:

I like this idea overall, but I agree that having a set time between faction progression limits things in some way. I agree that it should be a case by case basis as opposed to strict time limits, pardon maybe a couple of weeks to prevent immediate growth.

Time is not the only factor, however, it is to ensure all factions are treated equally and no one gets the chance to be fast tracked based on who they know. It is to reduce and hopefully remove nepotism as much as we can.

3 minutes ago, Copa Cabana said:

Add the possibility of being demoted not only for OOC fucking around, but also if the faction loses RP quality, realism and/or activity.

Already a thing, they'll absolutely be bumped down if they don't meet standards anymore.

3 minutes ago, Tony White said:

I'm OK with everything on it except for the territory claim because I feel like it'd be grounds to give inactive to a bunch of factions who ain't active.  You have to remember that IFM doesn't have a lot of members, can they also keep up with all of this? 

Added to discussion points as quoted by @i dont wanna od in LA. Good points raised. IFM is also getting new members, and this system won't be pushed until we can handle it, that's on God.

2 minutes ago, PKMN_trainer said:

Turf and properties should be prioritised over drugs and guns. I think giving out those kinds of quantities each month just makes suppliers irrelevant.

Also, for jail factions, I think you should be able to claim shanks rather than guns each month.

This will absolutely be an option for jail factions, I'll add this to discussion points as well. Also, suppliers are too powerful, it currently does depend on who you know OOC or who you know IC, some people won't even deal with you if their homie says "yeah that guy is trash". Suppliers should not be able to control an entire server, no matter how harsh we are with them or how much we trust them to be fair, it will happen, not from them directly but mainly the next people in the chain.

3 minutes ago, redis said:

feel like the drug amounts need to be increased

other than that fully supporting

See above, while suppliers are too powerful, we don't want to remove their power entirely.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

Maybe if continuity constituted quality. Let people make shit factions. Instead of micromanaging factions, have IFM maintain a greenlight list for factions to be taken down ICly through law enforcement. 

Not sure entirely what you mean - but again time does not equal a quality faction and we are well aware of this. No one will be benefited if they make a shit faction that is GENUINELY shit, not just in-character stupid as bricks.

note: I'll try to reply to anyone as best as I can, feel free to quote me again if you still have questions or want more clarity. This is not a system we will shove down throats, we genuinely want a system that works and has some love for it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, honey. said:

There has been many issues with how factions have been ran in the past, we are all aware of this. There has been some incredibly unrealistic concepts that were allowed to last for way too long, and there is still discrepancies. We need to work through these, of course, and I completely see the concern about them.

I'll be blunt here, some of the most problematic factions are or were run by staff members in the past and currently, IFM included. I can go on and on about this but I don't want to derail the thread, feel free to message me if you want me to send you a full document with issues with links to information and whatnot, since my past attempts at providing feedback to the leaders of these factions got completely ignored. Maybe your voice would be heard.