Discussion: Illegal Faction Revamp

khadijeh.

Do you want to see the faction tier system on the server instead of the current faction system?  

581 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, honey. said:

It just means if you have that area, groups cannot just spawn themselves on top of you and IFM will help moderate this. There will be no strict territory map but rather more respect for roleplayers who have established themselves within an area.

Please, don't make this into a thing no matter what. It's not a good solution, never was one. Let them contest said area IC, whether that makes sense in their lore or not. You're gonna end up closing good faction just because they opened in the wrong place. 

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Please, don't make this into a thing no matter what. It's not a good solution, never was one. Let them contest said area IC, whether that makes sense in their lore or not. You're gonna end up closing good faction just because they opened in the wrong place. 

agreed

Just now, 4deep.lurkin said:

the time a faction's been up is not used as an indicator of quality, that's obvious. it's used as a rough guideline to gauge whether or not a faction can remain open for an extended period of time. if a faction gets official/gets some bonuses and closes a week later, effort and time is wasted. it's not that deep, people. quality takes precedence.

Just now, Tony White said:

Longevity is definitely something everyone should take into consideration before looking at a faction, but to base what a faction should and shouldn't get on longevity is a mistake.  

6 minutes ago, getmoney said:

true actually, longevity doesn't usually = good rp, most the time it's the opposite since usually by a year in all the original members of the faction aren't even involved. It should be case by case not based on time.

9 minutes ago, voucher said:

I think that it’s overall a good idea, but the month requirements should be removed. The quality of the faction and its roleplay should determine moving up exclusively, how long the faction has been around is irrelevant. 

3 minutes ago, Tifa said:

I think continuity of a faction shouldn't be a reason to climb up the tiers, it must depend on the quality of members, roleplay, administrative record, development and a lot of other stuff but this is a cool idea from IFM

Note: Time does not equal guaranteed tier enhancement, please read the fineprint.

• Similarly to how a group applies for official, a faction can request to go up in tiers when they are eligible by time. When a faction meets the time requirements, this does not guarantee a progression through the tiers. This is primarily determined on the quality of roleplay the faction has provided, observations from admins and IFM along with report references if any.
  • If a faction is denied going up in the tiers, they will be given pointers to work on, this will be the constructive feedback as aforementioned. Is it the primary goal of IFM to ensure they can get to that point of being ready so they will be provided with support and oversight where required.
  • The review process may take up to 7 days maximum for a verdict, official feedback may need to be officially drafted up afterwards.

We 100% agree with you. 

The length of a faction being open does not mean that they are a quality faction. We have all seen this in recent examples, factions that do not provide quality roleplay are not going to be rewarded. The timeline is a guideline to make it fair, but we won't give out pity tier increments or anything of the sort. If they do not meet the quality that we expect, that other players expect, we won't give them additional benefits. 

Factions will not be rewarded just because they have been open for a long time if they are not quality.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Adv said:

I understand what youre saying here, but all that will still be taken into account when they come up for discussion to be elevated to that tier. Ultimately, it's a system thats built around promoting longjevity and longer-lasting roleplaying opportunities, promoting those that provide continued growth rather than just factions that pop in and are instantly expectant. 

The quality of a faction and its roleplay is something that will be continually assessed over this period. Determining the quality of a faction takes time, surely? It's not going to be an instant process.

I agree, it wouldn’t make sense to make a faction official if it’s only been around for a few days. But I don’t think that it should have a strict time requirement, 1 month, 3 months etc. It should be on a case by case basis.

2 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Exactly

It gives afk factions a ooc protection barrier. 

What's good to IFM and other people is really subjective. There's already a bunch of inactive factions who hold way too much sway, and that's because of the admin team. 

The territory claim will definitely breed OOC conflict, and I can see it being used in a wrong way. I can see the sentiment behind it, but no. 

Edited by Tony White
4 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Added to discussion markers to be readdressed by IFM, thank you.

1 minute ago, honey. said:

Note: Time does not equal guaranteed tier enhancement, please read the fineprint.

• Similarly to how a group applies for official, a faction can request to go up in tiers when they are eligible by time. When a faction meets the time requirements, this does not guarantee a progression through the tiers. This is primarily determined on the quality of roleplay the faction has provided, observations from admins and IFM along with report references if any.
  • If a faction is denied going up in the tiers, they will be given pointers to work on, this will be the constructive feedback as aforementioned. Is it the primary goal of IFM to ensure they can get to that point of being ready so they will be provided with support and oversight where required.
  • The review process may take up to 7 days maximum for a verdict, official feedback may need to be officially drafted up afterwards.

We 100% agree with you. 

The length of a faction being open does not mean that they are a quality faction. We have all seen this in recent examples, factions that do not provide quality roleplay are not going to be rewarded. The timeline is a guideline to make it fair, but we won't give out pity tier increments or anything of the sort. If they do not meet the quality that we expect, that other players expect, we won't give them additional benefits. 

Factions will not be rewarded just because they have been open for a long time if they are not quality.

makes sense