Discussion: Illegal Faction Revamp

khadijeh.

Do you want to see the faction tier system on the server instead of the current faction system?  

581 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, voucher said:

I think that it’s overall a good idea, but the month requirements should be removed. The quality of the faction and its roleplay should determine moving up exclusively, how long the faction has been around is irrelevant. 

true actually, longevity doesn't usually = good rp, most the time it's the opposite since usually by a year in all the original members of the faction aren't even involved. It should be case by case not based on time.

I don't think there should be an increase at all though, especially for drugs. We don't wanna render suppliers useless, keep the amounts as they are but remove the month system, maybe even lower the amount of drugs.

Edited by getmoney
2 minutes ago, voucher said:

I think that it’s overall a good idea, but the month requirements should be removed. The quality of the faction and its roleplay should determine moving up exclusively, how long the faction has been around is irrelevant. 

The month requirements are rough guidelines, they can be subject to change if someone has better ideas for how they should be functioned, in theory, here is my mindset behind it as a player and IFM:

• Everyone is held to at least 1 same standard. No one can be fast tracked, it doesn't matter who you know, who you roleplay with. Your quality is what is being judged, this is a small guideline that everyone has to meet, no more boost ups because you have a favorable roster. Equality across the board. Time is not the only determent factor but we need at least 1 thing that is UNIFORM across all reviews.
1 minute ago, Drew McCallum said:

Why on earth is a Bottle a supplier weapon? Who carries around a broken bottle in their right pocket?

If you don't want it, you don't have to ask for it. However, it can create dynamic roleplay in some scenarios when someone actually wants the bottle to start bar brawls. We've looked into adding this just as a general item but development is heavily overworked right now so we need to be patient and form other ways for people to create roleplay and break down those barriers.

2 minutes ago, Murat said:

I think this is a good start and it’s said that the amounts are subject to increase, which is cool. I’d like to see an increase slightly but this is great.

I lowered them slightly before posting this, however, the original idea had 2+ more guns on each. The reason this was lowered is because we do not want to make factions too reliant on this boost up, however as you said, it's still all subject to change.

3 minutes ago, kaneki1king said:

Does that mean the turf system will be back again? Since I've just read "territory claim"

It just means if you have that area, groups cannot just spawn themselves on top of you and IFM will help moderate this. There will be no strict territory map but rather more respect for roleplayers who have established themselves within an area.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, voucher said:

I understand what youre saying here, but all that will still be taken into account when they come up for discussion to be elevated to that tier. Ultimately, it's a system thats built around promoting longjevity and longer-lasting roleplaying opportunities, promoting those that provide continued growth rather than just factions that pop in and are instantly expectant. 

The quality of a faction and its roleplay is something that will be continually assessed over this period. Determining the quality of a faction takes time, surely? It's not going to be an instant process.

9 minutes ago, voucher said:

The monthly requirement is there to support longevity in factions - currently you have factions that last only two to three months and hit the archive bin. Adding this monthly requirement will put a stop to that and support people to continue on with their concepts.

With that being said, the quality of a factions roleplay is also a decision maker in whether a faction can move up in tiers.

Edited by TyJ
6 minutes ago, voucher said:

This was actually a discussion held in the IFM discord, and whilst it would optimally be purely based on standard, the sad reality of it is that a system as such would most likely fall victim to nepotism and general bias, where some factions are seen as less favorable for whatever reason, not neccisarrily a valid one, would be constantly halted or rejected. 

the time a faction's been up is not used as an indicator of quality, that's obvious. it's used as a rough guideline to gauge whether or not a faction can remain open for an extended period of time. if a faction gets official/gets some bonuses and closes a week later, effort and time is wasted. it's not that deep, people. quality takes precedence.