Increase punishment for intentional disconnecting.

50 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Idk man. I got disconnected during a pursuit because of a power outage (the example i took wasn't random) and still got a 7 day ban - which was the minimum length on that server. In spite of me being perfectly happy to re-RP it, resume the scene, or even assume my car crashed for some reason. Distinguishable, depends for whom :x 

(also, in spite of the minimum sentences of 7 days, there were just as many assholes there, if not more, but it's another matter :x)

But you'd still be able to, within 24-48 hours, attempt to contact the people. Either by PMing them, or by PMing anyone from PD, or by PMing someone from SD to PM someone from PD, or by doing /report, or by /call-ing 911 to give yourself in, or by writing it up on Discord or in the PD's Discord, or by trying to find them on the forums etc. If someone disconnects unwillingly but attempts to get in touch with the people, it shouldn't be held against them. If they willingly quit during a situation that doesn't go their way and make a lot of other people waste their own time, ruin their character development and the respective scene, these people should have no place on the server.

3 hours ago, Topinambour said:

Idk man. I got disconnected during a pursuit because of a power outage (the example i took wasn't random) and still got a 7 day ban - which was the minimum length on that server. In spite of me being perfectly happy to re-RP it, resume the scene, or even assume my car crashed for some reason. Distinguishable, depends for whom :x 

(also, in spite of the minimum sentences of 7 days, there were just as many assholes there, if not more, but it's another matter :x)

I’m sure you have a cell phone. Get on discord and message someone or make it known in public that you got disconnected. People do it all the time. If you genuinely had the issue, there are ways to make it known. People who do it blatantly make no effort and it is very distinguishable. 

5 minutes ago, ZaE said:

You can also work this out with the people to coordinate it for another day, rather than just disconnecting with no attempt to work it out with the other parties involved. It’s called common courtesy. This thread is talking about people who don’t have that common courtesy and just leave the second it becomes inconvenient without any attempt to reconcile at a later point or have a habit out of blatantly leaving the situation when they are going to take an L. The punishments are too lenient and people abuse the hell out of that.

Edited by 99

Easy way to bring this into perspective is by imagining LEO or FD disconnecting mid arrest or mid injury treatment for the sake of leaving. Same thing.

I don’t agree with how lenient some situations are handled and it’s really a waste of time to report people even if you hand the evidence on a silver platter. 

it’s the culture atm which needs a bit of a refresh. Who wants to spend upwards to an hour for a disposition of 15 minutes time out or a warning..

Well,

Let me just give you an example, I have to wake up everyday at around 4 AM. So usually when I roleplay on world I get off at about 11 PM-ish. 

One time, I shot a person and I ended up being in the back of the cop car for about 140 minutes. As they were doing the whole investigation infront of me. So I had to PM the cop like 40 times to just process me already. It's crazy but these long times you have to roleplay for is crazy. Especially if you are a casual role-player that gets on and gets off. 

People have lives at the end of the day and many people don't see that. It's a video game and we should be able to leave and log on as we wish in most cases. I can see some cases where you shouldn't be able to log, but it's not going to ruin someone's day if I have to leave 50 minutes after committing a crime..

9 minutes ago, Hotwire said:

Well,

Let me just give you an example, I have to wake up everyday at around 4 AM. So usually when I roleplay on world I get off at about 11 PM-ish. 

One time, I shot a person and I ended up being in the back of the cop car for about 140 minutes. As they were doing the whole investigation infront of me. So I had to PM the cop like 40 times to just process me already. It's crazy but these long times you have to roleplay for is crazy. Especially if you are a casual role-player that gets on and gets off. 

People have lives at the end of the day and many people don't see that. It's a video game and we should be able to leave and log on as we wish in most cases. I can see some cases where you shouldn't be able to log, but it's not going to ruin someone's day if I have to leave 50 minutes after committing a crime..

Ask a cop player to make a report, so you can be processed later on. Make it known that it's not that you want to avoid IC consequences, but you are actually busy and I'm sure you will be just fine

3 minutes ago, TommyX said:

Ask a cop player to make a report, so you can be processed later on. Make it known that it's not that you want to avoid IC consequences, but you are actually busy and I'm sure you will be just fine

Thanks for telling me, defo got do that next time.

57 minutes ago, Hotwire said:

Well,

I dont think thats what the OP is talking about. Personally, and I think most others, will be glad to speed up the process if you gotta go, as long as you communicate with us. People are frustrated with people running into houses and instantly logging, getting caught during a crime and instantly DCing upon seeing police, etc. That kind of stuff is what bothers me and others. In your case? No worries, of course IRL stuff happens. Just let people know and they'll most likely work it out with you.

22 hours ago, Zt4e said:

-1, this should not be the system. vv

If someone logs off mid-roleplay? Report them and see their reasoning in the forum report. You're playing with real life humans that got a different life than yours.

It's just a videogame, if you got time to roleplay a 5 hour investigation? I'm sure you will have enough time the NEXT day to continue that investigation.

Keep in mind you're playing with HUMANS BEHIND THE SCREEN. You can't force someone to stick with the roleplay scene when they're having problems IRL, or if they have to do stuff the next day so they have to log off.

Stop being butt-hurt because people got lifes outside of a virtual world. (GTAW)
Y'all are acting like if the world is gonna end if you can't arrest a criminal, or if you get killed by one.

This works both ways though. If you got somewhere to be. You use OOC communication to tell those around you that you really gotta go. You drop them your discord details or forum name so you can then discuss how to handle your absence. If you don't have the time to even tell people it is an emergency, (and i am talking fire, death, tornado etc) then you got bigger things to be worrying about than a 7 day ban for disconnecting mid RP.

As you stated, the people behind the character are human. Common courtesy works both ways. Be an adult and inform the other party you gotta go. 

As for the suggestion. Yes, people who DC without giving a reason should start getting bans based on the time of the amount of people have been wasted. It takes twenty seconds extra to type /b I am really sorry, but i gotta log out. Here is my discord so we can discuss how to handle my DC.

If it ends in a forum report, it will go so much smoother as you showed the person the decency to inform them. They will also know not to wait around for 30 minutes waiting for you to come back.

• Upvote 1