Increase punishment for intentional disconnecting.

58 minutes ago, Zt4e said:

-1, this should not be the system. vv

If someone logs off mid-roleplay? Report them and see their reasoning in the forum report. You're playing with real life humans that got a different life than yours.

It's just a videogame, if you got time to roleplay a 5 hour investigation? I'm sure you will have enough time the NEXT day to continue that investigation.

Keep in mind you're playing with HUMANS BEHIND THE SCREEN. You can't force someone to stick with the roleplay scene when they're having problems IRL, or if they have to do stuff the next day so they have to log off.

Stop being butt-hurt because people got lifes outside of a virtual world. (GTAW)
Y'all are acting like if the world is gonna end if you can't arrest a criminal, or if you get killed by one.

Dude come on. Everyone knows that real life takes precedence but this thread isn't targeting players who are genuine and have the occasional issue. It's targeting the people who make a habit out of leaving constantly right at the moment when the RP no longer benefits their character. They are on for four hours but right when their character is about to get caught? Ah, there's the emergency. It’s not hard to differentiate a person who disconnects occasionally for a genuine reason versus someone who makes a habit out of it, let’s be real. If their track record shows a habit of disconnecting at just the right moment that benefits their character instead of the IC punishment? Duh? We all know what they’re doing. Use common sense. They need to be punished for more than 30 minutes to an hour.

Edited by 99
40 minutes ago, Zt4e said:

Like I said before, people got lifes outside of GTAW. What if they're getting arrested and their baby start crying? Or if their kid get hurt?
I know you hate Illegal Roleplay a lot but sheesh, people has lifes too.

If you know you can be called to an emergency at any time don't engage in shootings?

1 hour ago, Zt4e said:

If someone logs off mid-roleplay? Report them and see their reasoning in the forum report. You're playing with real life humans that got a different life than yours.

It's just a videogame, if you got time to roleplay a 5 hour investigation? I'm sure you will have enough time the NEXT day to continue that investigation.

Keep in mind you're playing with HUMANS BEHIND THE SCREEN. You can't force someone to stick with the roleplay scene when they're having problems IRL, or if they have to do stuff the next day so they have to log off.

Stop being butt-hurt because people got lifes outside of a virtual world. (GTAW)
Y'all are acting like if the world is gonna end if you can't arrest a criminal, or if you get killed by one.

This is cool and all, but we're talking about people who disconnect because they find the ingame roleplay situation unfavorable. If there's a legitimate real world issue that forces them to disconnect, this suggestion won't apply to them.

Having seen people literally say to admins "I disconnected because the roleplay was bad in my opinion" and only get a warning... I can understand why this suggestion was made.

1 hour ago, Zt4e said:

Quitting after a 30 minute long pursuit after losing is not 'having a life outside of a virtual world' it's just inconsiderate for everybody else. Second of all, I don't get killed by criminals so I'm not sure who you're referring to here. I just don't enjoy logging online to roleplay and have my time wasted by immature people who shouldn't have ever been allowed the priviledge to play on the server in general.

2 hours ago, Jeroen said:

In this discussion intent is key.

Probably the most important part yeah. Determining intent is pretty damn important overall, and the problem is that while some cases are "clear cut", others really aren't at all. The problem is that mistakes are possible. If someone disconnected during a pursuit because their electricity was gone (happened to me twice D': ), it may appear clear-cut, but it's really not, and it's also impossible to prove (short outages are rarely reported anywhere, so you can't just show an announcement from your electricity provider). In those cases, if you're not a repeat offender, getting a short ajail may feel shitty, but well... all right. Getting a 7-day ban however is just bullshit. 

8 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Probably the most important part yeah. Determining intent is pretty damn important overall, and the problem is that while some cases are "clear cut", others really aren't at all. The problem is that mistakes are possible. If someone disconnected during a pursuit because their electricity was gone (happened to me twice D': ), it may appear clear-cut, but it's really not, and it's also impossible to prove (short outages are rarely reported anywhere, so you can't just show an announcement from your electricity provider). In those cases, if you're not a repeat offender, getting a short ajail may feel shitty, but well... all right. Getting a 7-day ban however is just bullshit. 

I don't know why you're saying that a 7-day-ban is too much. We're talking about those people who willingly ruin the role-play of dozens of people and make them wait in vain just because they don't want to role-play on a role-playing server. Why would that even be allowed, why would you be lenient in such cases?

It's quite easy to prove whether it was or it wasn't intentional when it's not that clear - add to the rule that in case of a crash that doesn't allow you to go back in-game, you have 24/48 hours to get in touch with one of the people (or attempt to) and the situation is considered as you having lost it, to filter out people using it as an excuse to not lose.

3 hours ago, Zt4e said:

It's curious how most of the people who do end up in these situations are the ones losing in one way or another. Are some of these legitimate issues? Sure, but most aren't. How many times do LEOs crash and not come back while pursuing someone? How many times do people crash when about to complete a succcessful legal or illegal trade or sale and can't come back? Not that many.

If they have a legitimate reason to log off, though, this rule wouldn't apply to them in the first place. They'd just have to continue the role-play when they come back online. This suggestion is about people who intentionally rage quit because they can't lose.

Seems like people are trying to guide the intent of this thread to somewhere else.

This is not a suggestion for people who disconnect during inopportune times due to no fault of their own or for emergencies.

This is for people who intentionally disconnect to avoid roleplay.

The two are very distinguishable and should be treated as such. If you make no effort to communicate your circumstances either before or after you disconnect it should be treated as an intentional disconnect.

2 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

The two are very distinguishable and should be treated as such.

Idk man. I got disconnected during a pursuit because of a power outage (the example i took wasn't random) and still got a 7 day ban - which was the minimum length on that server. In spite of me being perfectly happy to re-RP it, resume the scene, or even assume my car crashed for some reason. Distinguishable, depends for whom :x 

(also, in spite of the minimum sentences of 7 days, there were just as many assholes there, if not more, but it's another matter :x)

7 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Idk man. I got disconnected during a pursuit because of a power outage (the example i took wasn't random) and still got a 7 day ban - which was the minimum length on that server. In spite of me being perfectly happy to re-RP it, resume the scene, or even assume my car crashed for some reason. Distinguishable, depends for whom :x 

(also, in spite of the minimum sentences of 7 days, there were just as many assholes there, if not more, but it's another matter :x)

Another server has no relevancy. All I suggest is that you ATTEMPT to communicate it to the involved parties. Through discord, forums, friends, ETC. If you lose power your phone does not die, you can still use Discord app to send a message in #general. Even if the other party doesn't read it, then you can bring it up that you tried to explain the situation and such stringent punishments do not apply.

Edited by Copperhorse