Increase punishment for intentional disconnecting.

Long story short -

1st intentional disconnect - 7 day ban

2nd intentional disconnect - Permanent ban

Long Story - 

I can't tell you how many times I face this on a daily basis. It's not just me, but my entire faction and I assume other factions as well are facing the same problem. People will waste 30+ minutes of 20+ players time just to log off when the outcome isn't one in which they won. They disconnect to avoid the consequences of their RP because it doesn't benefit them. These people need to be permanently banned. If you can't roleplay a loss you don't deserve to be on the server. These people damage the servers reputation and make it so that other players who are actually here to roleplay don't want to play anymore as a lot of the roleplay situations they spend a lot of time and effort into get voided due to people who are not here to roleplay.

It's really sad that the staff team thinks 15 minutes - 1 hour ajails are appropriate for these offenses, especially for repeat offenders. Short admin jails are meant to give the player time to learn the rules that they broke so they can fix it in the future. You don't need to have ANY roleplay experience to know that you do not disconnect from the game to avoid roleplay. This is common sense and means that the people who are doing this are willingly and knowingly breaking the rules. The "punishment" for intentionally disconnecting needs to be an actual punishment and not a "learning experience" as there is nothing for them to learn. Right now, an ajail is a good trade-off to the people with this mentality. Would you rather be jailed for 15 minutes and keep all of your stuff or go to jail for 5 days and lose it all? 

Now we all know there are cases when somebody does disconnect at an inopportune time without it being their fault. In general, losing connection and simultaneously being in a state where you can't disconnect is an incredibly rare scenario. However in the rare situation it does happen, the player would try to reach out on Discord or on the forums to say whether they are logging back in or if they weren't able to log back in at least they made contact with the parties involved and the punishment shouldn't be as severe (if any). We would still have a 15 minute grace period for people who make no contact to log back in.

Edited by Copperhorse
  • Upvote 8

or how about we just instantly perma ban people when they blatantly and maliciously break rules to negatively affect other people's roleplay. its different if it was an accident/bad judgement that happened in a lapse of a moment vs someone doing it purely because they want to fuck someone else's time in the game up or they cba to lose

also stop perma banning people just to unban them in like 1 month lol whats the fuckin point of it being called a perma ban

• Upvote 4

Leaving to avoid roleplay really frustrates me, the people who do it usually don't give a fuck and have nothing to lose, on the flipside we have people dedicating hours of time into investigating and investing several hours of time for it to go to waste. It's getting to a point on the server now where everything is getting voided due to blatant rulebreakers ruining it for others.

This needs to be addressed, if people are leaving to avoid roleplay then they are clearly not here to roleplay fairly.

At the very least, the punishment should be how much people waited * how many people are involved * 10.

If you were being pursued by 12 people who waited 20 minutes for you? You'll be in admin jail for 2400 minutes, or 40 hours. I don't understand why it's alright for so many people to literally waste their time on rule-breakers just so they can receive a bunch of warnings in exchange. By the time they either stop or are banned, dozens of people have spent dozens of hours, collectively, waiting for them to return.

This obviously shouldn't apply to people legitimately crashing or losing connection (as we all know, there's a good chance it could happen in such a moment), but rather people doing it on purpose and without hesitation.

• Upvote 1

I have seen one to many "slaps on the wrist" situations with people breaking rules repeatedly and walking away with 10-30 minutes ajails. Some even holding a track record longer than some people's CV.

Whilst I understand the approach of the admin team on educating people rather than flat out banning them, it has gotten to a point where punishments are nothing like any actual punishments with slack given to the wrong people. In law enforcement roleplay, more than half the situations on average end either in an admin situation or the player disconnecting and subsequently ending in a forum report. These are hours of play time wasted into situations that later end up being voided because of rule breaks. And the people doing that laugh in your face knowing all they get is a little slap on the wrist of an admin jail between 10 and 30 minutes at worst, if they weren't able to slither themselves out of a report in first place.

-1, this should not be the system. vv

21 minutes ago, Copperhorse said:

1st intentional disconnect - 7 day ban

2nd intentional disconnect - Permanent ban

If someone logs off mid-roleplay? Report them and see their reasoning in the forum report. You're playing with real life humans that got a different life than yours.

It's just a videogame, if you got time to roleplay a 5 hour investigation? I'm sure you will have enough time the NEXT day to continue that investigation.

17 minutes ago, Fireworks said:

if people are leaving to avoid roleplay then they are clearly not here to roleplay fairly.

Keep in mind you're playing with HUMANS BEHIND THE SCREEN. You can't force someone to stick with the roleplay scene when they're having problems IRL, or if they have to do stuff the next day so they have to log off.

Stop being butt-hurt because people got lifes outside of a virtual world. (GTAW)
Y'all are acting like if the world is gonna end if you can't arrest a criminal, or if you get killed by one.

• Upvote 3
13 minutes ago, Zt4e said:

Like I said before, people got lifes outside of GTAW. What if they're getting arrested and their baby start crying? Or if their kid get hurt?
I know you hate Illegal Roleplay a lot but sheesh, people has lifes too.

Emergencies happen, often, I am a mother, I get this. But it strikes anyone odd that a person can be in game 4 hours fine but the moment they are caught looting Demarcus in the middle of the LTD parking lot, or the moment the crash midpursuit they gotta log for such. These are things LEO and nonLEO rpers deal with more than less. Same with the excuse that they had something to do, the rule states you need to stay in 30 minutes after doing a crime. You got work, bed, church, ect before then? Then wait to do your illegal activities til you can follow through. 

Its common courtesy, its taking yourself and putting yourself in the shoes of the 5+ others who maybe involved.. Only to fall into a dead end. It isn't at all hate for illegal rp as myself and many others do both, it's just flat out not being a dick..

I'd love to see the time increased, especially as the same people seem to use the same excuses often.

Edited by cryybabyycryy
  • Upvote 4