What do you want to see from the Game Development Team?

Thekillergreece

This thread is not intended to attack any Developer nor the Game Development team itself. This thread is intended to provide feedback and opinions from the community regarding the game development team, their priorities and focus. Developers come and go and that's normal. Some developers will stick around for longer, some will not.

From my brief researches, I gathered the following information:

The Game Development Team consists of;

Junior Developer, Developer, Senior Developer, Lead Developer

From a quick search, I found the following;

Vassilios made fishing script and animal script. He also improved the auto-pilot for vehicles Nervous originally released.

Strobe made body weapons (weapons you see in body), weapon-wheel and economy revamp.

St3fan made CEF Phone, Relationships, Hunting, Friends List, Advertisement User Interface, Vehicle Alarms and ton of more. 

Seanny made Facial Expressions, Blood spots, Drug Effects, Ankle monitor.

Most of the above features were implemented in early 2021 to now. That's not to mention that there were several changes in this year with some bug fixes.

Moving on. The bugs keep filling the bug reports section. This is normal, part of game development consequences. There will never be a feature bug-free, no matter how many support members you got. However, the concern is; most of them seem to be largely unfixed. If you go to "Game Bugs", you will notice that it has 11 pages. If you go to "Forwarded", you will see 3 pages.

Of course, some bugs are hard to be fixed. Some are probably already fixed and the team forgot to archive the bug thread. Some are fixed but still happen somehow. On top of that, the content (mostly small ones) keep coming which may introduce new bugs. The updates are pretty frequent and that's very good to see, regardless if they are small updates or not.

And here I am creating this thread. I am curious what's your opinion, what do you want to see from the game development team in your opinion? Do you want to see more content to keep coming with little to no bug fixes? Do you want the team to halt their content development and focus on bug fixes for the month? Do you want a mix of them? Do you want the development team to have a set of schedule per month (ie. large content > major bug fixes > small content > small bug fixes > large content > major bug fixes and repeat)?

Be civil please. 🙂

23 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I'm not one for long replies.

Bigger and more meaningful development, it's time we catch up to the competition.

This. It's sad to see GTA World leaning toawrds becoming a Microsoft of GTA role-play servers - big and unefficient. We have way too many suggestions unhandled, too many bug reports. 

Not to hate on current developers and all of the effort that the whole (development and staff) team is constantly putting in. It's an incredibly hard and tedious task, upkeeing such a large community, so my respect goes out to every single one of them, but there's always room for better and getting better requires admitting to areas that need improvement. More meaningful and active development are, in my opinion, some of them. There are so many outdated scripts and so, so, so many new ones awaiting either implementation, modification or a decision.

Bring more attention to the bug reports and suggestions. Also, please for the love of god stop locking threads because "It's not a priority". People have been asking for stuff like vehicle pearlescent colors for years and we've been receiving a mix of responses each time. I understand it's maybe not as important as X other update, but surely you could've found some time to implement it by now. I guess what I'm trying to say is please look at the suggestions. A lot of them are stupid or useless, but some of those suggestions out there would be game changing if implemented. Take like 2 hours from your time and filter through some of them, most take like a minute or two to look over. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, fortyfive said:

inventory revamp

This. As much as people will say that it's not an rpg server blah blah blah, the current inventory systems are tacky and outdated. It has come to the point where I prefer to use /inv to use items over using the interactive menu because it's just faster and less buggy. 

32 minutes ago, sCrax said:

Why does that issue not occur on other ragemp servers though?

Real question but what other servers? ^^' From what I know, GTAW is the only one with text RP and a sizeable population (500+). Or is it like the Russian servers? 

Otherwise, I'm not sure but I think some of the development is a bit stuck because they're lacking a front-end dev or something like that?