Make /seatbelt unenforceable by PD

Do you agree with the suggestion?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Lionhearted said:

Make people aware. Incorporate it into the driving test as step 1.

The driving test really needs a rework. Add in a theory AND practical test.

I still think /sb should be removed.

As of now, the polls are at 8-7-7. The first and last option are pretty much on the same side, which form the majority.

Edited by Aquila
  • Upvote 1

I said it on discord and I'll say it here as well. Seatbelt laws aren't necessarily "enforceable" in real life because officers and deputies don't really care enough to see whether or not people are actually wearing seatbelts. I've patrolled with officers that prefer not to wear seatbelts, and I've also patrolled with officers that prefer to wear seatbelts. The way it works (where I live, at least,) is the initial infraction, whether it be failure to signal etc, the vehicle being stopped and the information being checked over prior to the officer making contact with the driver, and then the initial contact with the driver. You aren't cited immediately for not wearing a seatbelt. In fact, the officer isn't even required to add it as a penalty to your citation. It's just a check box on a citation that the officer can tick off if he or she wanted to. The fact that we're trying to make seatbelts unenforceable is ridiculous given the fact it's completely up to the officer or deputy as to whether or not they want to give you an additional fine for it. If anything, people should be happy that window tints aren't being enforced because that's much easier to spot and stop someone for.

On 11.5.2018 at 1:59 PM, Aquila said:

The driving test really needs a rework. Add in a theory AND practical test.

I still think /sb should be removed.

As of now, the polls are at 8-7-7. The first and last option are pretty much on the same side, which form the majority.

They are not the same at all. This is not really a big issue. There’s not a lot of members who enforce it. I want it to remain. 

Edited by Perfectum
4 minutes ago, Perfectum said:

They are not the same at all. This is not really a big issue.

They both remove the OOC obligation to remember to fasten the seatbelt and not get punished for forgetting. They're far more similiar than options two and three.

5 minutes ago, Perfectum said:

There’s not a lot of members who enforce it. 

That's still too many.

On 12/05/2018 at 5:33 PM, Perfectum said:

They are not the same at all. This is not really a big issue. There’s not a lot of members who enforce it. I want it to remain. 

Explain why you want it to remain please. What impact does it have on anyone's roleplay?

Also yes, the first and third choices are very similar.

The way I see it, it's not really enforceable as it is. Follow my logic, here.

One could make the case, as many have in this thread, that their characters would of course put their seatbelt on every time they enter a car - and therefore the police attempting to tell you "no, your seatbelt is off" simply because you forgot to input a mechanical command OOCly is powergaming. Additional roleplay is not created by a police officer insisting your seatbelt is off if you play a character who would have kept it on at all times anyways - simply a mechanical fine that (as many of you have doubtlessly seen me say in other threads) is unnecessarily punishing a player by design instead of the character.

Now, if someone wants to roleplay that they're not wearing a seatbelt, so be it - but it should not be the default state of being.

Let's not be so idiotically pedantic, people.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:00 AM, Smilesville said:

The way I see it, it's not really enforceable as it is. Follow my logic, here.

One could make the case, as many have in this thread, that their characters would of course put their seatbelt on every time they enter a car - and therefore the police attempting to tell you "no, your seatbelt is off" simply because you forgot to input a mechanical command OOCly is powergaming. Additional roleplay is not created by a police officer insisting your seatbelt is off if you play a character who would have kept it on at all times anyways - simply a mechanical fine that (as many of you have doubtlessly seen me say in other threads) is unnecessarily punishing a player by design instead of the character.

Now, if someone wants to roleplay that they're not wearing a seatbelt, so be it - but it should not be the default state of being.

Let's not be so idiotically pedantic, people.

He's pretty much summed it up for me.

I vote to remove the command. There would be much more roleplay around you having the responsibility when you're pulled over than a quick /sb.