A section in which we can expose our faction ideas to bring people on board.

• 1 month later...

I disagree entirely. Starting a faction is a big deal. The people you should start a faction with should be people you have known for a while and you’ve rped with previously. Not some randoms that you have no clue if you’ll be able to mesh with. 

Staring a faction means you’ll be responsible  for others and their RP. 

For those saying they don’t have friends or people to start a faction with - join an existing faction. Meet other people and eventually start your own thing with the people you meet if you want. 

10 hours ago, Fergie said:

I disagree entirely. Starting a faction is a big deal. The people you should start a faction with should be people you have known for a while and you’ve rped with previously. Not some randoms that you have no clue if you’ll be able to mesh with. 

Staring a faction means you’ll be responsible  for others and their RP. 

For those saying they don’t have friends or people to start a faction with - join an existing faction. Meet other people and eventually start your own thing with the people you meet if you want. 

Shit happens, dog. I've been in plenty of factions on the server, owned a sizable unofficial of my own before, but I still can't think of one person I can reach out to to co-lead one of my factions or that would be interesting in joining one. People move on, they quit playing, they switch rp genres, whatever the situation may be.

It's a bit strange that you're acting like it's that cut and dry. 1. What if somebody has a unique faction idea they want to introduce to the server? You can't join an existing one in that case. 2. Kind of a moot point to bring up being able to mesh with people considering that's what joining a random faction is, you never know if you're gonna mesh well with the people you join, just like the people who join one you own.. There's always uncertainty.

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 5:03 PM, Fergie said:

A faction is a status awarded by Faction Management. Just because you create a forum section to discuss ideas and bring people on board doesn't mean they're automatically granted faction status. 

+1 This is needed to escape the spiral of unoriginal groups and faction ideas dominating the roleplay community.

100% agreed.

I would also like to add creating factions and placing friends of your IRL or OOC inner circle in high ranks to start it off may bite you in the future when you need to take harsh decisions IC.

Creating an independent channel for people to discuss the matter and possible create or come up with a new unique faction concept will bring the community together.