A section in which we can expose our faction ideas to bring people on board.

+1

I'm in the OCE Timezone where the server can get as low as 100 players, and in such a big city with often no businesses open, nobody in public, it's nearly impossible to find good roleplay.

This idea could be expanded into a general OOC LFG forum where people can post personals looking for different roleplay ideas. Say I wanted to start a group of people doing a certain kind of RP, I could make a post such as:

- Civilians slowly getting caught up in criminal activity

- Book Club

- German Immigrant Community

People could read it and say they're interested, we meet up on Discord and go from there. And yeah - you could say it's metagaming, especially with the nature of the forum being OOC - but the whole purist "do everything IG" GTA RP has is just bad. We want to have fun, and part of that fun is organising stuff with real humans out of character.

Edit: Just adding to this - NoPixel does it right with their in character twitter system. It straddles the line between global communication without being as comitial as GTAW's current ad system. It'd be good to log in and just send out a tweet or seeing what's happening.

Edited by lavaplanet
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Absolutely supported, but I think the biggest benefit of this would be that we'd finally have a way to be more open to more unique ideas. So far the legal scene is comprised of factions that started as OOC cliques, got started at a behest of an illegal faction as a way to make more money or are a GOV faction that's scripted in. It's incredibly hard to put together something outside of that and this would open the doors for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've already been for this suggestion, sent my support but I now feel like we have to enhance this idea furthermore before implementing it.

The section should include timezones as well, because that is sometimes a big issue for the factions. People could use tags for timezones, types, ethnicities, gangs etc. It would be easier to navigate. Interesting ideas could gather people, resulting in new groups popping up more often, incorporating more people into faction scenes.

There hasn't been any feedback from Administration as far as I can see in the thread. Would love to have it.

• Upvote 1