Add a permanent selling price cap to properties.

ThatDutchPerson

Detailed Description

Add a permanent selling price cap to properties. Recently a thread popped up thats asking for $300.000 for a Rancho Project Housing Unit.

Its not against the rules to ask 300K for such a place, but it isn't realistic or RPQM-standard either.

I don't think the below topic exemple is the appropiate intention of the property rules.

I suggest a cap per map region, determined by the PM staff.

How will it benefit the server?

Prices such as the below wont appear anymore and people wont sell their properties like they're Tinsel Tower Apartments (like below).

I'm against this. We can't compare real-life property prices to ours because the demand is caused by wildly different reasons. In real life, there's a huge demand of places in safe areas with good schools, in good neighborhoods, with all utilities, parks, access to stuff, good neighbors, which obviously drives the price of such plases up. In-game, we have way more people interested in buying the exact opposite, which obviously increases their demand and price. It's extremely realistic for our own ecosystem, as a matter of fact.

The only way to achieve a realistic virtual market is to let it be completely driven by our own virtual supply and demand.

5 hours ago, Mahitto said:

The only way to achieve a realistic virtual market is to let it be completely driven by our own virtual supply and demand.

Completely disagree because we can't have a realistic market. Our own virtual supply and demand dictates that our market is anything but realistic. We don't have any external factors that would dictate a realistic housing market (World events, job growth / loss, stock markets, Federal Reserve controlling interest rates, etc). People spending their monopoly money without a care in the world for anything else (risk, future expenses, etc.) is not a housing market. It's a commodities market, at best.

Anyways, there's really nothing that can be done about it at this point anyways. No sense in trying now.

Edited by 99