Character face bug

Mellowhype

I've made a character not too long ago and tweaked its appearance to my liking. Been playing said character for a few months now and never knew I had this glitch until someone had mentioned it to me. Apparently my character's face morphs drastically at random occasions for other people, like his chin will be ridiculously big or wide and it forces me to /outfit back and forth until its gone for said person. It really annoys me cause this is one of those bugs that you've never heard of before meaning there's little to no information about it on the forums or internet. If anyone has had this issue before or has a fix, please do tell me.

Yes I have double checked if I saved said character face to all outfit slots. I also randomized my characters face, bought it, then re-made my previous face to see if that fixed it and it didn't. Once again this is only on OTHER peoples screen, on my screen my character's face looks fine.

P.S If this needs to be moved to bug reports go ahead, wasn't sure since I wanted to get this resolved and not just notify people.

Edited by Mellowhype
6 minutes ago, Humour said:

Make sure your face values are anything other than 0. If it's 0, change it to 2 and it should stop this bug from occuring. It's been a known bug for over two years.

I never knew this! Are we talking about the old /surgery script since you're mentioning numbers? If so I'll have to check!

10 hours ago, Mellowhype said:

I never knew this! Are we talking about the old /surgery script since you're mentioning numbers? If so I'll have to check!

Just so you're not busting your fingers recreating your face with the old menu, you can simply click on the slider button and use the arrow key to go back a notch.

As long as the slider isn't at the dead end of either side (left or right) or dead on in the middle you won't get the bug, you thankfully don't need to recreate your face.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:50 PM, Humour said:

Make sure your face values are anything other than 0. If it's 0, change it to 2 and it should stop this bug from occuring. It's been a known bug for over two years.

That fixed it for me, thanks a lot homie.

Edited by Mellowhype

Faces usually desync (some values default to 0) when they come in contact with you without being synced from the start. Try /hat off, /glasses off since /refresh is timer limited and even if you don't have a hat, glasses, or anything that has an 'off' function, that'll refresh the face.

It'll occur again if you don't.

Edited by liq