Delivery trucks should not despawn upon timing out

Short description: Prevent the delivery trucks from despawning immediately upon the player timing out or their game crashing.

Detailed description: Currently, when the player gets disconnected from the server due to a failed connection attempt or their game crashes (which occurs rather frequently), if the player is on a delivery mission, the mission gets immediately cancelled and the truck is despawned instantly. I'd propose that, upon crashing or timing out, the truck would stay for around 10 minutes and, if the player was able to connect in time, their mission would still be available for them, without having to return to the docks for a new delivery mission.

Commands to add: None.

Items to add: None.

How would your suggestion improve the server? My suggestion would improve the server in the sense that players would no longer have to run all the way back to the docks upon crashing or timing out during a delivery mission, subjecting themselves to being robbed or ran over by a laggy truck on the way back. Instead, players could simply continue their mission as if nothing had happened at all.

Additional information: None.

Edited by Asesci
  • Upvote 1

The job is paying around $800 to $1,000 per 5 to 7 minutes (or $1,000 to $1,600 with the 50%) boost. In most cases, it is better than fishing unless you get lucky to catch big and nice fishes quickly. Nothing so far beats mining as it is considered the best job. No buff needed in my opinion.

Regarding the despawning - I agree that it should be changed. Not once did I have to run back to the docks to either pick my vehicle or start the job anew.

I was just about to suggest this as I've been having this constant issue for ages now. It's particularly annoying if you've driven all that way, and you're just going down the ironically named Popular St to the docks, then it crashes and you waste all that time and money. 

Furthermore I'd suggest the same for if you're wounded/killed by desync, thus the admins will revive you and you can continue.

If it happens one more time, the kitty gets it!

Image result for kitten gun

Edited by Cobra
  • 4 months later...