Reduce excessive Facebrowser post deletion/account banning

Pascal

1 minute ago, Mecovy said:

hol up, did that guy create the doomguy in gta 5, absolute legend.

Also im ngl, as a "serious char" the amount of times I scroll through and see shit posts and end up laughing my ass off is too many times. Like people can post screenshots of their "victims" half dead on a floor having been shot or whatever else, but a monke gets someone banned,

this lol, can't believe a monkey pic with a lil wee wee accidentally being posted = a straight up ban cos "WAAAAAAAAAAAAA NUDITY!!!" 
but then u got rancho & davis dudes posting ppl getting shot and those posts are STILL up

11 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

No thankyou, it's already full of shit posts as it is. If you post illegal shit IC, expect it to get yeeted IC if not for RPQ reasons. If people can't follow some simple rules in order to enjoy the site that's their problem. There's no reason to allow the experience of others to be a misery everytime they log in, shitposting is one thing but catfish, troll and sex accounts are quite another thing. You don't need to be a complete dick to everyone all the time to have fun (not saying you are of course).

When there's no moderation, people complain about all the gun, ethug and troll accounts but when it's clamped down on people still complain. Can't win lol

trolling sounds like an ic issue dawg, but the fb mods are kinda big poopie when it comes to knowing what they should and shouldn't remove

15 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

No thankyou, it's already full of shit posts as it is. If you post illegal shit IC, expect it to get yeeted IC if not for RPQ reasons. If people can't follow some simple rules in order to enjoy the site that's their problem. There's no reason to allow the experience of others to be a misery everytime they log in, shitposting is one thing but catfish, troll and sex accounts are quite another thing. You don't need to be a complete dick to everyone all the time to have fun (not saying you are of course).

When there's no moderation, people complain about all the gun, ethug and troll accounts but when it's clamped down on people still complain. Can't win lol

this 

As a pretty involved Facebrowser user, I can say that the biggest fun of Facebrowser always were the weird internet beefs, the usual drama posts we used to have regarding current events in the server, and a lot of the calling out other characters for being goofy or having done a bad. Also memes that weren't just stolen from Twitter or r/memes or whatever and were made by the community. Over the past few months there's been a clear reduction in all this.

Facebrowser already toes the line as it is in being a bit meta and often tongue in cheek, and I think that there's a lot of charm in that. Overmoderation on Facebrowser just turns it into an imgur album of the same 25 people who can make good looking Menyoo pictures, and an endless stream of Youtube links to songs nobody cares about. As a platform, it feels like a mix of elements of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and as such, I think that it should be allowed to have more leniency, considering that people have tools to block users and self-moderate posts.

I'd also argue that right now, there seems to be a system under which posts are in binary state of "reported"/"not reported", meaning only one person can report a post, and one report is all that's needed for the posts to get equally looked at, which can lead to single people reporting generally benign posts or posts that aren't as bad in context. Allow multiple reports on single posts to happen, and it'd be a lot easier to spot the worst offenders through sheer volume of reports.

Edited by Koko
  • Applaud 1

I think it's stupid that IC interaction posts are deleted even when they're in fun, and they keep getting deleted even if it's an IC inside joke between two characters(or more). I also think that when FB moderation contacts players on their IC interaction on FB, it should be done through forum PMs and not in group chat messages on FB itself warning the players involved. But that's just what I think.

7 minutes ago, Koko said:

Allow multiple reports on single posts to happen, and it'd be a lot easier to spot the worst offenders through sheer volume of reports.

I also agree with Koko on this, as it'd easily help FB mods see what's being reported the most to see what's a higher priority than other things, I guess.

• Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, Steezers said:

trolling sounds like an ic issue dawg, but the fb mods are kinda big poopie when it comes to knowing what they should and shouldn't remove

It's not when people are making fake accounts to do so or hiding behind some pseudo account and that's literally all they do on there. Trolls get banned all the time from real social networks and I've had friends / family tell me they've been banned/suspended for pathetic reasons because a snowflake got offended. There has to be IC enforcement of the rules as well as OOC rules, I do agree it needs to be separated but that's difficult to do, because who would you trust with IC moderation? Perhaps allow IC punishments to be appealed via a ticket on Facebrowser? 

Remember that Facebrowser is a relatively small site in comparison with only a couple hundred users and everyone is either super edgy and offensive with everything they say, or are bangers. There has to be a balance to make sure the site isn't a cesspit.

Edited by Moonsong
  • Selena locked this topic