The issue with interior roleplayers

Aquila

I've noticed this too, super bizarre. And i'm actively driving around the city and Paleto. Didn't even think it could be just everyone staying in interiors. KInda sucks though, like people said, the map is gorgeous and offers plenty of open areas. 

44 minutes ago, Aquila said:

We can't force people to do what they don't want to do

This pretty much summarizes my response to this discussion. If people want to roleplay in interiors, that's fine. It doesn't affect anyone negatively. Live and let live.

• Upvote 4

I agree with Stefan, you can't force people to be outside. On 5RP I hated the fact that people RPed in groups, it was much worse for someone who did not have any friends. On GTAW It's much better honestly. 

5 minutes ago, Yazum said:

I've noticed this too, super bizarre. And i'm actively driving around the city and Paleto. Didn't even think it could be just everyone staying in interiors. KInda sucks though, like people said, the map is gorgeous and offers plenty of open areas. 

That's exactly what I'm thinking too - we're on GTA 5, a game where everything is based outside of interiors. The roads are wide, pavements are big, and it's just nice to see people pass by in their cars (and occasionally pull up) while you're roleplaying. It wasn't like this on San Andreas, where the map was considerably smaller, the cities didn't have much to offer, and interior RP was basically the norm.

Just now, Stefan said:

This pretty much summarizes my response to this discussion. If people want to roleplay in interiors, that's fine. It doesn't affect anyone negatively. Live and let live.

Of course, but from the perspective of a new player, it is a massive turn-off. Imagine coming from 5RP to here, it's just going to be very absurd. You'd be coming from a server where people are outdoors interacting with everyone, to an atmosphere where people are trying to stay away from others.

When the server hits 90, it doesn't feel any different from the server having 30 or so players. I just want to be able to interact with people at random like I did on 5RP.

So... what's the point of this? to remove interiors? To punish people who rp in interiors or at least demonize them like some kind of selfish player?

Casual RP, to call the nonsense that was going on on Mirror Park something, has vanished? Well, you see, if the people spending their time rping indoor is doing that, that's cause they want to do that. If they wanted to occupy some hotspot waiting for the most random player to establish some small talk with them, they'd be doing that, but they don't, that's why they aren't there. Forcing them out isn't going to make "casual RP" happen, or isn't the best way to make it happen.

We can talk, though, about the difficulties new people face coming fresh to the server without knowing anyone, but again, imo, "casual rp" hotspots aren't solving that.

Edited by Gangstafary
Just now, Lance said:

On 5RP I hated the fact that people RPed in groups, [...]

I think you're confusing the two. On 5RP people didn't exactly RP in groups - people interacted with other groups, while on here people are roleplaying in their own groups, inside interiors, away from everyone else. 

Just now, Gangstafary said:

So... what's the point of this? to remove interiors? To punish people who rp in interiors or at least demonize them like some kind of selfish player?

Casual RP, to call the nonsense that was going on on Mirror Park something, has vanished? Well, you see, if the people spending their time rping indoor is doing that, that's cause they want to do that. If they wanted to occupy some hotspot waiting for the most random player to establish some small talk with them, they'd be doing that, but they don't, that's why they aren't there. Forcing them out isn't going to make "casual RP" happen, or isn't the best way to make it happen.

The point is to raise awareness of an issue, as I've pretty much explained in the post. 

Thing is, if people want to roleplay inside interiors without having the intent to interact with other people in the server, then why are they here and not in a private roleplay server? I personally play on a roleplay server with people on it so I can interact with others, and I'm sure that's why the majority of us are here anyway, It really isn't hard to be outdoors and roleplay.

The only possible fix would be to remove the interiors. Simple. I personally don't see much of a problem, I still see people outside grinding/walking around/RPing, obviously not many of them since the map itself is gigantic. We would need 1000 players to make the place more or less alive.

Well, then I guess you're just taking it to a very extreme example. I doubt there actually exist in this server a group of players who only RP indoors, exclusively in indoors never stepping their feet out of said interior.

Also, you suggest it's an intended thing they do to consciously isolate them from the rest of the server, rather than rping indoors cause the RP logically follows there, like visiting a friend's home, or to enjoy the privacy a home has to offer, be it for erotic roleplay, secretly discussing illegal activities going on, etc.

Personally I think that if such a group of players exist, it's a very little minority from the vast majority of the server.

Also, either way, what are you expecting to do if in one of those ride all around the map you say you do in the opening post you actually see a player outside? I doubt any long lasting, good quality RP would come out of a stranger who stops their car next to another stranger scenario.

16 minutes ago, Lance said:

The only possible fix would be to remove the interiors. Simple. I personally don't see much of a problem, I still see people outside grinding/walking around/RPing, obviously not many of them since the map itself is gigantic. We would need 1000 players to make the place more or less alive.

I wonder which grade of selfishness you have to achieve to ask to remove interiors on such a petty issue which even if existing is a very little and rare minority, just so a very little minority can "see people on the streets"

I don't know if it exists on other languages, but on my mother language there's a phrase which says that people just love to drown on a glass of water.

Get the issue the way it actually is: factions act like RP islands surrounded by empty seas of barely no content. It's hard to have a constant and solid RP without being in a faction, although it can be achieved. That's the issue, not this "oh people rp too much on interior make them come out" thing.

Casual RP is alive in bars and clubs, there you can go to talk with strangers and it doesn't look as weird as those hotspots where people consciously go to have small talk.

Edited by Gangstafary
40 minutes ago, Lance said:

Why does it matter if the map is gigantic? It's irrelevant. 

Only Paleto Bay, Mirror Park, and a few small parts of Davis and Del Perro actually have scripted stuff, while the rest of Blaine County and West LS are completely empty and not scripted. 

Even if the server had 1000 players, it wouldn't make a difference.

37 minutes ago, Gangstafary said:

Well, then I guess you're just taking it to a very extreme example. I doubt there actually exist in this server a group of players who only RP indoors, exclusively in indoors never stepping their feet out of said interior.

Also, you suggest it's an intended thing they do to consciously isolate them from the rest of the server, rather than rping indoors cause the RP logically follows there, like visiting a friend's home, or to enjoy the privacy a home has to offer, be it for erotic roleplay, secretly discussing illegal activities going on, etc.

Also, either way, what are you expecting to do if in one of those ride all around the map you say you do in the opening post you actually see a player outside? I doubt any long lasting, good quality RP would come out of a stranger who stops their car next to another stranger scenario.

I wonder which grade of selfishness you have to achieve to ask to remove interiors on such a petty issue which even if existing is a very little and rare minority, just so a very little minority can "see people on the streets"

Get the issue the way it actually is: factions act like RP islands surrounded by empty seas of barely no content. It's hard to have a constant and solid RP without being in a faction, although it can be achieved. That's the issue, not this "oh people rp too much on interior make them come out" thing.

Casual RP is alive in bars and clubs, there you can go to talk with strangers and it doesn't look as weird as those hotspots where people consciously go to have small talk.

1st point - there most certainly are groups of players who only RP indoors, as shown in faction threads. Outdoors RP is only a rare occasion it seems.

2nd point - on what planet does it make sense to be indoors on a hot summer day, as a norm? Either way, it seems like interior RP is more common than exterior RP. It's an ongoing problem, and if people recognise that this is an issue then it needs to be worked on. There's nothing wrong with interior RP, but why is it that you could drive across the entire map, and not see anyone, when there's 70 people online?

3rd point - who cares? Any RP is better than no RP, surely? There's no need to dismiss it simply by saying "there's no point since it's not going to be great quality RP". There's no need to remove interiors, but these people aren't exactly helping the community grow.

4th point - If I were a new player joining the server, and I had to actually put in hours just to find one person to roleplay with, I'd leave. It's easy to say "create your own RP" or "start a gang", but for an individual, it isn't that easy to do. Some of us simply want to interact with people, and be sociable. Others choose to roleplay only amongst themselves rather than with others. It's the distinction between someone who wants to play on a roleplay server with people, and others who use a roleplay server for their own situations in secret. 

5th point - bar and club RP is boring, and dying. Think of it from a 5RP player's point of view - they had dealership RP, gang block RP, even 24/7 RP. People roleplayed without constantly being inside interiors, and the server felt more alive even with 20-30 people. You would ALWAYS find people to roleplay with, whereas it is much harder here.