How do you handle time ig?

Natala

It honestly depends on the RP going on at the moment.

For example, when I was with a faction, we all collectively agreed to age up a year or two - one day my character was 20, the next he was 22. That was fine with me because it worked for those I was RPing with.

I'm about to start playing again, and I've agreed to basically pick up where I left off with the people I was RPing with then, as if no time had passed at all. Again, it'll be fine because the people I've RPed with are all on the same page.

If my character meets someone new IC, he will generally just say he's been here "a few years."

I recall my first job IG telling me each hour on shift was a week...

So after I decided I didn't want to RP 24 weeks in a day I figured I'd age my character up according to milestones.

In terms of IG time it's the same as real life, right? The only difference is how quickly you as a person age/grow based on what you personally decide.

1 hour ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Well, if everyone said they've been here for as long as the server is up then who built the city? The place needs natives.

You misunderstand. Nothing wrong with saying you have been in the city 15 years or born here living all your life. 

I was referring to people who age their character by one year every 4 weeks, while others has treated it like 4 weeks has passed. 

Again, not saying this is wrong, just saying this is something that happens. 

Edited by Natala

Just have to roll with it, people need to roleplay different events and milestones to achieve what they want, and sometimes said things take a bit of a skip forwards. 

If this happens in an unrealistic manner or a way you disagree with, you can always bring it up with the player or even the staff team. Babies shouldn't get born and be full grown adults over the span of a week.

I am just amazed how civilised this entire thread has mostly been. 

As I said in my opening post, I roll with it. Not here to police people's rp, just curious about how people approach it and their thinking. 

I do get it, even if I will probably stick to rping real time. But the milestone thing does make sense. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic