The Off-road Motorcycle issue

Shaushe

On 5/14/2018 at 2:49 AM, Hastur said:

and man was I dissappointed when the apex predator street bike in GTA was still not as fast as any of the patrol cars here..... 

The best bikes do oust the standard police vehicles as far as I'm aware from driving them. Considering most people abuse the wheelie trick. Aside from the Interceptor.

I don't know where people get the impression our PD win bike chases often. Correct me if I'm wrong but due to desync and acceleration and handling not many bikes get caught.

Mostly desync ruins chases though, which gets really frustrating when people act like gods because their connection is terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

the wheelie trick should not be counted as abuse, unless there's a rule against it...which IMO there shouldn't be but thats a different topic.

plz dont talk about whoever those individuals might be without mentioning that PD does the same thing...i'd post the video but im hoping u already know what im talking about

10 hours ago, Shareef said:

the wheelie trick should not be counted as abuse, unless there's a rule against it...which IMO there shouldn't be but thats a different topic.

plz dont talk about whoever those individuals might be without mentioning that PD does the same thing...i'd post the video but im hoping u already know what im talking about

Please, elaborate. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Lionhearted said:

Being someone who rides irl, a Harley in no way would be able to keep up on such mountains as you mentioned. Simply too heavy and the rideheight is far too low.

i don't even ride i just thought it was common knowledge but apparently not :/

5 hours ago, Shareef said:

i don't even ride i just thought it was common knowledge but apparently not :/

It should be... Cruisers / Chopper style bikes are usually extremely heavy with tires that grip on road, not on dirt. The amount of torque that those heavy bastards put out is insane and of course, on off road dirt especially up a mountain, it would simply wheel spin and not move very far, sink, or even slide right back down due to there being so little grip but so much torque.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like the idea of taking a chase off-road, especially not if the physics of the game can be abused in this sense. But I highly doubt you can regulate this behaviour. Setting a rule against it would also be counter-benificial. What PD might look into instead, is having motorbikes and choppers ready once you have a chase taking you to the regions where this can be 'abused'.