Whats with scenes being voided?

Zach..

Scenes take ages to handle often times for one simple reason, waiting for videos/evidence, I myself often tell people just take it to a FR if it's gonna take so long but low and behold a Forum Report isn't made. As for having little things voided, we have to void if we took action sadly, not an option. Any administrative action we took, often times we just have no choice but of voiding it even if it kills RP. 

Edited by Jeff_
46 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

Scenes take ages to handle often times for one simple reason, waiting for videos/evidence, I myself often tell people just take it to a FR if it's gonna take so long but low and behold a Forum Report isn't made. As for having little things voided, we have to void if we took action sadly, not an option. Any administrative action we took, often times we just have no choice but of voiding it even if it kills RP. 

A lot of people shy away from forum reports for the simple reason that they often take weeks on end to be concluded and just end up leading to constant back and forth. 

3 hours ago, Jeff_ said:

but low and behold a Forum Report isn't made

The general consensus that I have noticed is that people don't tend to (forum) report anymore because there's little to no point in doing so anymore.

Regarding voiding scenes, I think it should be taken on a case by case basis but I do agree that even though a lot of time gets wasted, this is really no one's fault - it's just (sadly) the way it is. If you get shot as a result of a rule-break and the shooter gets punished, you can't really not void, keep investigating, or role-playing injuries because if you do, you'll undoubtedly stumble upon an OOC issue or roadblock. As much as I dislike voiding role-play, I'm afraid there's really no way around it.

3 hours ago, Mahitto said:

The general consensus that I have noticed is that people don't tend to (forum) report anymore because there's little to no point in doing so anymore.

Regarding voiding scenes, I think it should be taken on a case by case basis but I do agree that even though a lot of time gets wasted, this is really no one's fault - it's just (sadly) the way it is. If you get shot as a result of a rule-break and the shooter gets punished, you can't really not void, keep investigating, or role-playing injuries because if you do, you'll undoubtedly stumble upon an OOC issue or roadblock. As much as I dislike voiding role-play, I'm afraid there's really no way around it.

Yeah but we're talking about scenes where, what happened last night we had 3 suspects fleeing in a car, they were metagaming via VOIP and were switching cars using their friends, We were in a pursuit on the armed suspects when an admin showed up on scene and started questioning them. The admin continued interrogating them for about 20 minutes before voiding the scene and admin jailing them for metagaming/VOIP. This is one of the examples where all of us would much rather prefer admin letting the situation unfold, give us the roleplay of chasing them down/ending in a shootout since we already were on their tail.

And this happens so often, with certain people like me (SWAT) logging on specfically to hunt down these armed robbers and we have our RP that goes from 45-mins to an hour preparing and chasing them down, only for all of it to be voided with no actual result.

So from what I read that's just a call to let rulebreak happen for the satisfaction of PD. In my entire life of roleplay(11 years), I've never seen a good criminal roleplayer, or someone that wants to roleplay seriously, be involved in cheap roleplay such as car chases. So most of the time it's weak RPers and baiters who get involved in such scenes (not everytime but most of the time), and it would be dumb to let that RP happen, be that for the satisfaction of the rulebreaker or PD.
And when good roleplay happens, PD just nails you down with proper preparation. I've seen PD in action and it's pretty satisfying to watch them catch bad guys with proper investigation and in a controlled environment. Whenever players start using the trivial mechanics of the game that's when stupid RP and rulebreak happen. 

37 minutes ago, Gambler said:

I'm curious to hear some examples/scenarios where scenes got voided. Unless you provide specific cases or the examples where voiding happens the most, every suggestion made by other commenters is null.

A good 60% of situations where SWAT is called result in people logging off/getting ajailed. It's infuriating to log off of something else/get out of bed/etc just to be told it's no longer happening. Most of these people disconnecting do it purposefully/maliciously.

2 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

A good 60% of situations where SWAT is called result in people logging off/getting ajailed. It's infuriating to log off of something else/get out of bed/etc just to be told it's no longer happening. Most of these people disconnecting do it purposefully/maliciously.

I can imagine and I feel for PD in some cases. But if it ends up in ajail what can you do. 😕 You can't just allow rulebreak to happen.

Edited by Gambler
  • Wuhtah locked this topic