Whats with scenes being voided?

Zach..

I play in PD and half of the scenes we go to get voided. It's honestly tiring.

I dont see why the server couldn't change to pausing the scene, talking to the players, and then letting it progress. When there's tons of people logging in/investing their time into a situation, it's so demotivating to have to just skip it all.

Any thoughts as to how this could be fixed/changed?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 2

To comment on above, I agree with Zach from PD's prespective. It would be way more beneficial to all the players involved if what would happen is when one of the suspects breaks the rules, the situation continues rolling out and once the situation ends (suspect dead or jailed) then the admin can admin jail them for them wrongdoing.

Honestly it is demotivating and quite "lame" when people log in for pagers because of a barricaded suspect only for it to end up being voided.

Why PD doesn't answer to shootings or whatever? Cause 99% of the time it gets paused and voided.

I'm here to roleplay, not play waiting simulator.

Edit: Make a rule that you can dip without notice when a scene gets paused for more than 5 mins

Edited by Prod
1 hour ago, Zach.. said:

I dont see why the server couldn't change to pausing the scene, talking to the players, and then letting it progress. When there's tons of people logging in/investing their time into a situation, it's so demotivating to have to just skip it all.

Any thoughts as to how this could be fixed/changed?

up to 10 admins to oversee 700-800 players

its better to void than spend up to an hour or two getting all sides and evidences

3 hours ago, Anders said:

up to 10 admins to oversee 700-800 players

its better to void than spend up to an hour or two getting all sides and evidences

Or you know, stop killing the server by constantly voiding every god damn thing and simply ask in /b are all players affected by this OK to continue? If 75-80% say yes then continue.

I too, just like the others, get tired of scenes being voided and it’s one of the reasons I stopped playing in the past. 

Just let shit happen and roll with it, if something is ultra unrealistic then yeah, otherwise let us have fun. 

edit: also the playerbase average numbers have gone down, we used to get 800-900 around peak times, now we barely reach 650. 

Edited by Glitch
4 hours ago, Glitch said:

If 75-80% say yes then continue.

It's sadly not always that easy.

What if the mentioned 80% demand to continue despite a rule break majorly affecting the outcome of a scene or plot?

Sure, you can apply admin discretion, but if you keep doing so breaking rules establishes itself as a standard.

9 hours ago, Zach.. said:

I lack insight here as what causes this explicitly in our ruleset to take overhand like this.

If a majority of scenes you get indirectly involved in gets voided this way, all I can recommend is to closely observe what (alleged) rule breaches cause these admin decisions on a regular base, and then lobby to have these relevant rule parts fleshed out/cut down to a degree where it's possible to play without regular intervention.

• Wuhtah locked this topic