Snow!

Narco

49 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Nervous actually recently responded to a reply regarding adding snow that interiors can be fixed through some developer-y loophole they found, or something of the sorts, so it's possible!

I've never said that, so far in the entire RageMP community I've yet to find one developer able to disable snow in specific dimension due to how snow is handled by the game, Rage doesn't allow it. The snow is a specific memory bit to set in the client, it's not a native like the weather system. Rage doesn't allow us to modify the client's memory for obvious security reason, so they added a server side function to do it, but it forces it to the entire server and I can't disable it by player.

14 hours ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

You know what? I'd be cool with the actual snow weather if it's not possible to change the actual state of the map.

For reference: 

Not the best example but hey, you get what I'm saying. Have the weather set to snow, leave the game world as-is.

This should work without any issues as far as I know. Could be used as an alternative, no broken interiors either so everyone happy???

Edited by kristofer
45 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I've never said that, so far in the entire RageMP community I've yet to find one developer able to disable snow in specific dimension due to how snow is handled by the game, Rage doesn't allow it. The snow is a specific memory bit to set in the client, it's not a native like the weather system. Rage doesn't allow us to modify the client's memory for obvious security reason, so they added a server side function to do it, but it forces it to the entire server and I can't disable it by player.

My bad, confused it with the reply regarding the issues with ped skins.

The freedom of not roleplaying California allows us to create whatever freakish weather conditions we want. I personally would welcome a few weeks of snow throughout the Christmas period - it'll bring a lot of different roleplay opportunities, and it'll be nice to see what outfits people come up with that don't involve shorts and sunglasses.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Nervous said:

Might be mistaken but couldn't an actual map mod be implemented, switching to the default map like the server currently does when entering an interior? 

Something akin to this:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/snow-in-los-santos-lixeirocharmoso

bb4e2e-GTA5%202015-06-09%2021-18-56.jpg

bb4e2e-GTA5%202015-06-09%2021-10-48.jpg