CK OOC close friends experiences

GambloTwitch

5 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

I recently have CK'ed an OOC friend over IC issues.

This is something I've never done in the past, because usually I've never CK'ed someone I used to be real close to.

I must admit this is something that really touched me, especially when we had a chat OOC about it.

We're still friends, ofc, but it's kinda sad we don't happen to RP together anymore because of this.

But, IC it was the best for me and the people around me.

Have you ever had an experience where you CK'ed an OOC close friend of yours?

That is nonsense.. That's actually kind of metagaming in my opinion, atleast how you explain it now. You don't CK them because they're your friends? That would be weird. Sometimes stories happen with these ends.. If it's your friend or not.. I mean, it's not for fun to do yeah but well.. Sometimes, sometimes.. And if he doesn't roleplay with you anymore because of that that says more about him than you sadly. However I can understand if he wants to take a new project after getting CKed. I mean, I don't think many will rejoin if they get cked xD

4 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

I am glad I feel happiness, sadness and all those feelings while roleplaying. I wouldn't play anymore if I was "empty" like you all.

The difference between the good roleplayer and the bad one is that the good one can separate feelings from IC reactions, but uses his mindset to react according to his character portrayal and IC matters. Which is not that easy. Because, at the end of the day, I'm sure you all have been angry, sad, or happy about something that has happened in-game. It's impossible not to prove ANYTHING if you spend more than 6+ hours a day developing your character. We all get involved emotionally, and that's part of the fun.

Well kinda harsh to say like you "all". I mean, I think everyone have felt emotions by a game. People who say they don't aren't robots they are just to tough to tell the truth lol.  And feeling emotions isn't immediatly shouting and raging. But it can be a simple form of being annoyed. I remember about ten years ago me being in a roleplay scene which didn't work out so well me ending up in smashing my pc broken, lol. Of course that's not the way to go, but just a brief example. I was still a kid back there but still.. 

So conclusion, I understand you have feelings about killing a close friend, who wouldn't, people who don't are just badasses. Serials lmaooo.

I have definitely felt emotions about characters around me being CKed (especially when it was after long-lasting interactions and a mutual storyline that leads to their death), particularly when I know that my actions may have an impact on a character that someone may have invested months or years into. Ignore the people blowing it all out of proportion, it's fine to feel things when you spend hours a day developing relationships between characters and influencing their lives (and possibly deaths). It's not as crazy or outlandish as people having feelings about the storytelling in shows, books and videogames all the time, and there's nothing wrong in acknowledging that RP can have the same effect, as long as you don't make out of character decisions based on your out of character feelings.

• Upvote 2

I don't get the hate on this thread. There's nothing wrong with feeling emotions from story that's evolved over time. For me, it's same as my favourite character being killed in a TV series, I'd probably be bummed out. You're not being weird, you're just being a human.

• Upvote 3
Just now, Rohan. said:

I don't get the hate on this thread. There's nothing wrong with feeling emotions from story that's evolved over time. For me, it's same as my favourite character being killed in a TV series, I'd probably be bummed out. You're not being weird, you're just being a human.

Agreed, people seem to think emotions run from 0-100 With no in-between. dude didn't say he went to bed and cried themselves to sleep, they just felt something.

Emotions are not scary people, or is this the world we live in now. On topic I would feel something if I had to kill someone IC that I liked. Would I string myself up over it? Of course not but you got to feel something.

• Wuhtah locked this topic