CK OOC close friends experiences

GambloTwitch

Why the hate? Unless the original post was edited? Am I missing something? It seems like OP was saying he had to CK his friend and he's a bit sad he can't RP with his friend anymore. Why is that laughable? We all enjoy RPing with certain people more than others.. I would be sad too if I couldn't RP with certain people anymore.

But as the OP pointed out, IC is IC and it is what it is? Why you all jumping on him for? He's surely VALIDATING the point of not getting attached BECAUSE he CK'd his friend?

3 minutes ago, Late said:

Why the hate? Unless the original post was edited? Am I missing something? It seems like OP was saying he had to CK his friend and he's a bit sad he can't RP with his friend anymore. Why is that laughable? We all enjoy RPing with certain people more than others.. I would be sad too if I couldn't RP with certain people anymore.

But as the OP pointed out, IC is IC and it is what it is? Why you all jumping on him for? He's surely VALIDATING the point of not getting attached BECAUSE he CK'd his friend?

It wasn't edited. Couldn't understand that either tbh. For a moment, I even felt in the wrong.

You mentioned robots, but it’s not like being a robot, it’s being able to separate the actor (you), from your character (your IC persona) and not mixing the two.

Do you think actors in a movie fall out or get upset OOC with each other when their characters come into conflict or do you think they remain close friends?

Roleplay is a theatre of the minds eye - it’s a stage on which we’re all acting out our characters - we’ve all seen movies where characters betray, hurt or even kill each other. Sure what we do is far more akin to improv than from a script, but otherwise it’s very much the same.

12 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

You mentioned robots, but it’s not like being a robot, it’s being able to separate the actor (you), from your character (your IC persona) and not mixing the two.

Do you think actors in a movie fall out or get upset OOC with each other when their characters come into conflict or do you think they remain close friends?

Roleplay is a theatre of the minds eye - it’s a stage on which we’re all acting out our characters - we’ve all seen movies where characters betray, hurt or even kill each other. Sure what we do is far more akin to improv than from a script, but otherwise it’s very much the same.

It seems that you guys cannot split up between:

- FEELING EMOTIONS

- Reacting to emotions

Which is DIFFERENT.

Actors DO FEEL emotions. It's full of videos of actor crying, raging and all that. Even WRESTLERS get mad on the ring during the script sometimes. It's full of videos like that. The difference between an amateur and a pro is that you have to keep the emotions for yourself, or trying it as much as you can, so you can react/act in the right way.

Edited by GambloTwitch
5 minutes ago, GambloTwitch said:

The difference between an amateur and a pro is that you have to keep the emotions for yourself, or trying it as much as you can, so you can react/act in the right way.

And in replying with random capitalisation, and seemingly dismissing the many replies that disagree with you, which are you coming across as right now? An amateur or a pro?

No-one says an experienced roleplayer doesn’t feel emotions because a great deal of method actors do exactly that & they put themselves directly in the mindset of a their character.

Actors however don’t then get upset with one another on a professional level over conflict between their characters - they’ll sit calmly next to each other and laugh in interviews as they discuss the nuances which led to said conflict etc.

Do characters feel bad for killing other characters? I’d certainly hope many do.

Should you or I feel bad when our characters do that? Of course not.

27 minutes ago, Alyssa McCarthy said:

Good analogy. I see it the same way but if your actor friend you were working along side got killed off from the show then I'm sure on an OOC level you'd be sad you couldn't work alongside your friend anymore.

I see RP the same way. There's no emotion because their character died but you're just a bit sad you can't continue to RP with that person in that same scenario anymore.

Totally understandable if you created enjoyable RP situations together.

But no ofc it's not that deep but I get what he's trying to say at least.

• Wuhtah locked this topic