CK OOC close friends experiences

GambloTwitch

I'm not saying you should be here OOC pissing and shidden and crying when you're CK'd or busting veins and turning tomato over IC confrontations but I'm not too sure why people think it's cool to act so apathetic about feeling at least something while playing. You're on a roleplay server DUDE, you're using GTA as a slice-of-life RP server. If anything it's more cringe seeing people assume they're cooler than other players within the same community for not feeling anything because they're pretend gangsters and criminals. You've got moobs bro, humble yourself.

• Upvote 5
22 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

All good stories have a beginning and end, and so should characters.

Just chiming in here, as that's only one point of view-

While storytelling is certainly a major factor for a big portion of players, it's not the only approach to roleplay- and from a simulationist point of view, dramaturgically scripted character deaths are often poison (as they happen because someone thinks it "fits" now, not out of the game dynamic alone).

Specially for ic investigators these cases are the most annoying.

We have a corpse, a smoking gun and a dude who fired it.

So, where's the motive?

Ah right, they wanted a good story and hot screenshots and created it around that. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by knppel
7 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

I'm not saying you should be here OOC pissing and shidden and crying when you're CK'd or busting veins and turning tomato over IC confrontations but I'm not too sure why people think it's cool to act so apathetic about feeling at least something while playing. You're on a roleplay server DUDE, you're using GTA as a slice-of-life RP server. If anything it's more cringe seeing people assume they're cooler than other players within the same community for not feeling anything because they're pretend gangsters and criminals. You've got moobs bro, humble yourself.

Yet they'd be the firsts to post a CK appeal or make a cringe google document « all rights reserved. »

• Upvote 1

I think a healthy mix of understanding your character and feeling what they would feel while at the same time knowing when to separate yourself as a real person is key here. In order to role play a character successfully and portray them as if they were a real person takes some level of empathy towards your character.

However, that is different from taking IC events personal or even being affected by it on an OOC level. I think if you feel sadness over having to kill off someone who you call a friend on Discord, you have gone too far across the line of empathy towards your character. Which is a bad thing, because it is likely to lead to your OOC person influencing your character in a way that is unnatural towards the development of your character.

I cherish the days when role play was done entirely in-game long before Skype became the predecessor of Discord and the eventual downfall of IC-is-IC.

3 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Nothing stops you from having feelings for a game, but that's usually what makes a bad roleplayer. Because they self-insert into their characters and let their feelings decide  That's as if you were saying that a good actor has to be sad when their character is killed off, which obviously is bs. At the end of the day it's a game nobody is gonna sit here and cry because their character was killed.

Go look at interviews from actors who's long term characters have been killed off in TV shows and movies lol, they feel a large amount of emotion from it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic