Liquor Stores sell bigger varieties

Selu

Detailed Description:

So, as it stands, I'd like to suggest Liquor Stores being able to create their own drinks.  I understand that the original intent of the script was to make it so that bars could mix drinks, but it's used as more of  way to get whatever drink people want.  It seems silly to me that these bars and clubs have the ability to carry whatever drink their heart desires, such as a $10,000 bottle of champagne, but liquor stores are left to basically being distributors for these generic drinks.  As it stands, if I want my liquor store to sell, say, Moet & Chandon Imperial (a $50 bottle of wine in real life) I'd have to find a bar or a club that would supply ME.  For immersion, it's a little upsetting that people are better off going elsewhere for their alcoholic needs.   My suggestion is simply that Liquor Stores be able to create drinks like Jewelry Stores or Flower Shops can create their own merchandize.  I get that breweries exist, but I've never crossed paths with a brewer and the only person I know OOCly that partakes in brewery supplies clubs and bars with very generic drinks.   We don't have any classy name brand stuff.   My main suggestion and complaint is that it seems weird that between Breweries, Liquor Stores, and Clubs/Bars, the only ones that AREN'T able to sell what they want are Liquor Stores.  Heck, even Pawn Shops have access to /bar

Relevant Commands/Items

Everything required should already be implemented in the game. 

How will it benefit the server?

I think the biggest benefit will be immersion itself.   When you want alcohol, your only choice shouldn't be a club or a bar.  If somebody wants a really nice bottle of champagne that stands out for their honey moon, they should get it from a liquor store.  If they want a really fine bottle of wine to gift at a birthday, they should get it from a liquor store.   This would also see to liquor stores opening up more frequently as they'd become more than just distilleries for bars and clubs.   If they open more often, this in turn generates more Roleplay and jobs for the server.   

Q&A:  I am leaving this section here in case people offer questions.  That way people won't have to skim the whole of the forums to see what was asked and answered already.

Q:  Don't breweries already create alcoholic drinks?  Why not get them from there?

A:  To a degree, but their stock, supply, and variations are limited.  If somebody comes to the liquor store asking for a 24 pack of Miller, that's not something the local brewery carries since breweries make their OWN brands.  Not just that, but most breweries are Beer or Whiskey.   We want IPA's, Lagers, Hard Seltzer, Champagne, and more. 

Idea #2 (A little friendlier and works a lot better with breweries.  Probably more effort to develop, however.)

Detailed Description:

So, after having spoken to one of the server’s brewery owners, we’ve come up with a new idea that differs from what I’ve listed above. The idea here is that rather than Liquor Stores using a general Y menu like a 24/7, they’d have a menu that acts more like a Pawn Shop. This would allow the Liquor Stores to put items they acquire from Breweries into their menu and ideally organize them into different tabs such as “Beer, Wine, Liquor”. To further this idea, I think it would be a nice, unique twist that rather than only having “Beer, Wine, Champagne”, Liquor Stores can request (whether it be through admins or a forum report method) certain named items to be carried as normal stock that gets filled as they are provided with components. This makes it so that Liquor Stores have more of a reason to open and individuals have more of a reason to visit the Liquor Stores.

Relevant Commands/Items

I'm unsure what exactly would be required for this.  I think most everything is already in game, however.

How will it benefit the server?

All in all, this improves the profits of breweries which are severely lacking at the moment and have difficulties staying alive on the server.  It also makes the Liquor Stores more unique from one another in that different locational stores might carry different items.  As it stands, Liquor Stores are very passive in that the only people who really seem to ever need them are Bars or Clubs, and even then, Bars and Clubs are currently purchasing EXTREMELY low cost items from breweries and they simply bypass Liquor Stores as a whole.  Liquor Stores really can't compete with $45 beer.   I think there are several other reasons this would work really well, and unlike my first idea it shouldn't harm any businesses. 

Edited by Selu
Q&A Update
  • Upvote 17
  • Applaud 3

Oh yes please ❤️

My char's sometimes replenishing the stocks of a fancier club, so they go to liquor stores to ask for special orders of top-shelf shit. Belvedere and Chopin vodka, Johnnie Walker and Macallan high-end whiskeys, Caribbean rhum agricoles, etc. but in the end I have to /createdrink the generic items into their actual counterparts. While I don't mind it on a personal level, it could be nice if the liquor stores themselves would be able to have their own selections 🙂 

Could also allow different stores to offer different stuff. Some could specialize in cheap rail booze, others in more fancy clients, ... ^^ 

3 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Oh yes please ❤️

My char's sometimes replenishing the stocks of a fancier club, so they go to liquor stores to ask for special orders of top-shelf shit. Belvedere and Chopin vodka, Johnnie Walker and Macallan high-end whiskeys, Caribbean rhum agricoles, etc. but in the end I have to /createdrink the generic items into their actual counterparts. While I don't mind it on a personal level, it could be nice if the liquor stores themselves would be able to have their own selections 🙂 

Could also allow different stores to offer different stuff. Some could specialize in cheap rail booze, others in more fancy clients, ... ^^ 

Ideally this idea is well received and people don't have to place liquor orders from bars, but the actual stores that are meant to store the goods!

This would also make bars much more specific on the wine’s, vodka’s etc. that they carry because we’d have to specifically pick certain brands. It seems a lot of bars carry whatever the customer wants because they can just name the items as they please. It’s a bit unrealistic in standards of running bars. For example a lot of places you’ll attend will have some Russian whiskey that you’ve never even heard of before but because the customer ordered it, they supply it. 

I completely agree. +1 😊

• Wuhtah locked this topic