Gun shows?

Bandit.

Not really related to gun shows, but my country has so-called "Gun amnesty" where people are allowed to bring their unlicensed guns to nearest PD station without consequences, that of course is valid only for guns which are illegal and weren't used in a crime that's in investigation process. Owner of such gun will receive no charge whatsoever. PD here does that every year few times.

Edited by Engelbert
4 hours ago, Engelbert said:

Not really related to gun shows, but my country has so-called "Gun amnesty" where people are allowed to bring their unlicensed guns to nearest PD station without consequences, that of course is valid only for guns which are illegal and weren't used in a crime that's in investigation process. Owner of such gun will receive no charge whatsoever. PD here does that every year few times.

Except that it wouldn't work here. Most people are absolutely desperate to get their hands on a gun, and often lose or use it pretty quickly. As someone had said on the other page, the only situation in which someone would give up their gun is if you were to give them more money than they bought it for. The only thing that would do is push people towards buying even more guns.

5 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Except that it wouldn't work here. Most people are absolutely desperate to get their hands on a gun, and often lose or use it pretty quickly. As someone had said on the other page, the only situation in which someone would give up their gun is if you were to give them more money than they bought it for. The only thing that would do is push people towards buying even more guns.

I never understood this whole gun obsession here. None of my characters has a gun or plan to have one.

• Wuhtah locked this topic