Standing Your Ground w/ the gun draw anims, when is it fair to do it?

liq

34 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Because when someone murders you for your wallet they get a joke of a prison sentence

I think 20 OOC days for murdering you, bare in mind all you have to do is respawn in 2 minutes and go on like nothing happened, is more than reasonable. 

But, that’s not the topic of conversation here.

• Applaud 1
20 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Is it worth it to get shot over your wallet? Probably not.

Is it worth it to murder someone over their wallet and probably get caught or shot up by other civilians and the police? Is it realistic to do all that on top of being a 15 year old kid? 

Probably not. This server's issue is that it punishes Scenario 1 but doesn't punish Scenario 2. If civilians get CKed for fighting back, then criminals should be CKed in the same situation, and if they do murder someone that 20 day joke of a sentence should be way longer.

That's twenty IRL days that you have to wait till you can play on that character. On top of that, with the new rules you have to serve 1/3 of your prison time in game. That means I would have to spend more than 5 days of my life roleplaying in a dead prison.

I get that people are shooting for realism, but at the end of the day. It's a video game....

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Because when someone murders you for your wallet they get a joke of a prison sentence

I guess it wooshed over your head. You’re both using the same dull argument except neither of you like the consequence. You both want a flick on the wrist for yourself and have an execution for the other party. Either way it’s not even a rule. You’re perfectly able to use your gun in self defense, just don’t be a complete idiot about it. Also in regards to 20 days in jail, we don’t all have the freedom and privilege to spend our entire day, every day a week on this game. For a lot of people a 20 day sentence easily turns into a 240 day sentence. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest, and without wanting to derail the conversation further, getting away with murder in this server is easy enough so that those sentenced with the 20 days are an exception rather than the rule, especially when Second Degree Murder usually ends up in a shootout with the cops and a PK. People actually serving these sentences are likely a minority when all options are exhausted.

6 hours ago, Koko said:

To be honest, and without wanting to derail the conversation further, getting away with murder in this server is easy enough so that those sentenced with the 20 days are an exception rather than the rule, especially when Second Degree Murder usually ends up in a shootout with the cops and a PK. People actually serving these sentences are likely a minority when all options are exhausted.

In two years of being an LEO and hundreds of arrests I can count on one hand the amount of people we could actually charge with murder. Essentially if a cop didn't watch you kill someone you aren't getting charged for it. And you're right as 99% of all post-murder RP with cops/the murder ends up in a shootout and the suspect most likely PKs by the end so jailtime is rare.

• Wuhtah locked this topic