[LSNN] Sports Desk: Reflections on recent KOTR event and KOTR parody article?

5yHwzO3.png

Y8l4IDT.png

Sports Desk: Reflections on recent KOTR event and KOTR parody article?

BY LSNN

Los Santos, SA - On the 28th November 2021, LSNN's Garbon Meqvabishvili was joined on the sports desk by Ashton Winters and Nathaniel St-Arnaud as they spoke about numerous subjects relating to the combat sports scene in Los Santos, including: reflections on the recent KOTR event and a  parody article about it.

9XSGVT0.png

Garbon Meqvabishvili (left), Asshton Winters Mann (center) and Nathaniel St-Arnaud (right)

Garbon Meqvabishvili: ** LSNN sports studio intro starts playing, after that it reveals the studio with Garbon Meqvabishvili, Ashton Winters and Nathaniel St. Arnaud sitting with Los Santos panorama view behind them **

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Good evening, it's Garbon Meqvabishvili once again coming right at you and to keep me company tonight I got Ashton Winters and Nathaniel St. Arnaud. Welcome to the studio. How are you? Still hyped after yesterday's event?

Ashton Winters: Yeah, I still feel butterflies honestly.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen spotting a gray blazer with a black turtleneck. He looks over at Garbon and nods once before speaking.* Well ehhh— I am hyped that I ehh— ya know, won the fight.. I just want to say thank you to my ehhh—

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: To my coach.. /AKIO/ and my ehh— teammate /AKHMED/ who were there for me.. without them I don't think that I would ahh— manage this far, men!

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel then provides a short smile.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili:  *Nods a few times listening* For those who just tuned in and haven't been up with the latest King of the Ring Semi Finals, let me update you on the topic. So main event fight Eliseo Salvatore versus Kir Sergeev almost got cancelled due to -

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Kir Sergeev's infection and last minute Nathaniel St. Arnaud stepped up and actually managed to win a spot in KOTR finals and a possibility to win one hundred and fifty thousand grand prize.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: *looks to NSA* What was your reaction when you got offered the spot in the semi finals, man?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: It sure was short notice.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen nodding at Garbon with a smile on his face.* You were there man— eheheh, you know that I don't back odwn from a ehh— challenge! I was already preparing for da ehh— /title-shot/ in the ehhh— /IFC/! So..

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: I was already /pre-pa-red/!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Yeah. And what is interesting that there was no bout that ended by decision. All fights was either a knockout or a submission yeah?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: The longest bout was what? Three rounds?

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen nodding along to Garbon.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Ashton you were there spectating right? How it all looked from the side?

Ashton Winters: *She chuckled and started talking.* Dude like, I was sitting behind the judges yelling and stuff, I almost lost my voice too. I was super hype.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Right. Any highlights from the event?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: *fiddles his pen between fingers while talking to both guests*

Ashton Winters: I was impressed by most of the fighters honestly. Especially Eliseo, Zurab and Akane.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel nods to Garbon as he then sniffles once. He then begins to talk his part.* Well ehh— Garbon! I just wanted to ehh— let you know that I was

surprised when I knocked down my ehh.. /opp-oh-nent/ ya know? And then.. I kicked..

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Aha?

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: /eem/ in the /head/ ya know? People were saying that it was not ehh.. allowed, but.. people don't really follow King of The Ring and say that ehh— it was a

rule break! They ehh.. don't know that these rules fit me— more as a /fighter/

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: than anything! *Nathaniel is seen gesturing with his hands as he talks.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Yeah man. I don't know. But you know. Spectators and fans can get confused that's no problem. But when actual fighters start to complain. I mean c'mon.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: You signed up for the tournament, you read the guidelines. You know what you sign up for

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: The ahh— rules are dangerous! They ahh— make people think twice before going for the ahh— /takedown/ ya know? You never know if you are ahh— gonna

get kicked in the ehh.. /head/ when you shoot!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Exactly. That's just show that we are at this age where fighters complain more than actually put in hard work.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: He ehh— fell down when I hit him in the ehh— /body/ with my /knee/ ya know.. I saw him still defending and I just— ya know.. it made sense for me to kick /him/ in the /head/.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Of course. You had to do what you had to do. You can't play MMA like playing football or basketball. You come to the ring getting ready knowing you will get hit.

Ashton Winters: Football players take hits every day though.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Actually since we are still on the topic. Ashton will you be fighting in the next event?

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: Not in the ehhh— /head/.. like here.

Ashton Winters: If I can, yeah. I haven't had a fight in a WHILE.

Ashton Winters: It's been ages so yeah, If I can go in and kick some ass I'll do it.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Excited to get back in? That's actually different - WAIT. You started your carreer fighting in the ring, so you are pretty much going back to your root?

Ashton Winters: Hmmm, Yeah pretty much. It's not a big difference though, a fight is still a fight, you know what I mean?

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen adjusting the collar of his blazer as he listens to the duo.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Yeah. Next week to be more clear, on thursday there is going to be second semi finals of KOTR. Adam Black versus Hunter White. Any predictions?

Ashton Winters: That's a tough one... It's hard to predict but I think Adam could win in the second round? I'm trash at making those types of predictions though.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: I can't ehh— say anything about the fight but ehh— I know that I fight the winner of that match-up! So.. heheh..

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Hopefully none of them gets injured before the fight, since it is getting pretty popular to get injured last minute *snickers*

Ashton Winters: We're just gonna have to see it!

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen laughing a bit awkwardly, his pearly white teeth are seen.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Excited to see a lot of IFC guys now hopping onto KOTR? From octagon to ring fighting and more lethal rules?

Ashton Winters: I got a question for NST after I answer yours but uhh..

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: I don't know bout you ehh— but, these rules and the ahh— /squared-circle/ is what fits me more, man! I mean— if the /IFC/ comes back— I don't mind

coming back, ya know!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: ** Screen starts showing picture moment from KOTR 1st semi final while guests are talking **

Ashton Winters: It's cool to see more people hop onto KOTR, It's always good to have more people and I feel like a lot of spectators like the rules more when they're a bit crazier.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: I am ehhh— gonna /honest/ with ya Garbon! If me and you fought with the same rules.. like in King of The Ring? I would ahh— be afraid to fight you man!

Our fight was a /war/!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Not gonna lie our rematch would be an event of the year material

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Pay-per-views would go through the roof!

Ashton Winters: Aye but, NST, who would you have more trouble with in a fight? Adam or Hunter? Because we saw you struggling agains Eli.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: But it is what it is now/ *snickers*

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is then seen slightly leaning forward as he then begins to speak.* Well ehh— I can't say much about that! I am gonna be honest with you, ehh..

Ashton! I didn't do my ehh— /homework/ on either of them so I can't say much!

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: But ehhh— Garbon? Our fight? I wouldn't want to fight you man but ehh— maybe when the time is right! /Exhibition/ fight? Why not.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: Eheheheh.. *Nathaniel is then seen laughing awkardly yet again.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: *winks to Nathaniel* Anyway. You saw that funny article about kotr?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Pokemon parody?

Ashton Winters: I didn't see that, I love Pokemon.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: A ehh— /parodeee/? Man... I was confused a little! But I read it throughly.. ya know, it's weird.. but it kinda fits! Eheheh.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Shows that KOTR fans do have sense of humour in my opinion

Garbon Meqvabishvili: So there are rumours going aswell that the giants are joining KOTR aswell. Well not rumours that's facts but rumours say that they will fight in the next

event.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: I'm talking about Rafford and Jackson Hayes.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen nodding along.*

Garbon Meqvabishvili: We don't know who are going to be their opponents YET. But watching their fight is a sight to see.

Ashton Winters: Jackie's probably gonna beat whoever, honestly. Dude is unstoppable.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: (pictures of IFC championship bouts from Rafford Mann and Jackson Hayes starts rolling while talking about the topic)

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Since we are on topic, maybe you got anyone in mind who you would like to call out to the fight Ashton?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Maybe fight against Sakura to settled it down once and for all? There is some drama regarding your matches with her.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: (B-roll shows Ashton's and Sakura's fights where they both won against each other and third fight ended up as a draw)

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Since it is still a draw between you guys. I think a lot of fans would want to see it being settled once and for all?

Ashton Winters: I fought Sakura atleast 55 times now, I kinda want to fight new opponents now so I won't call out Sakura even though she can get the hands if she wants to.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: You seem to get along with everyone in the fighting scene, you don't got bad blood with anyone? No possible victims? *snickers*

Ashton Winters: I am nice to everyone because I know none of them are better than me, honestly. *chuckles*

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is seen nodding along and then snickering.*

Ashton Winters: The only one who I really want to face is Anna, she's /alright./

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Oooooh! So it's like that? What about Catherine Tukhachevskaya? Or Anna- yeah.

Ashton Winters: Catherine doesn't really fight anymore but the top three is easily Me, Anna and Cath. The rest isn't really worth my time anymore.

Ashton Winters: *She smirked at the camera* But I'll fight anyone to prove that, obviously.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Yeah. Understandable. So all the fighters out there? Ashton is waiting for you, sign the dotted line.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: So yeah we pretty much discussed everything, yesterdays event all the hype and we are waiting onto the next on?

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Thursday, 9pm fantasia event hall like always, King of the Ring second semi finals - Adam Black versus Hunter White for a place in finals.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Any last comments before we sign off?

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel is then seen leaning forwards and rubbing his knuckles.* Ehh.. I can't say much now.. I will speak at the event, ya know.

Ashton Winters: Uh, hopefully I get to fight in the next event!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Alright, hopefully. Thank you Ashton and thank you Nathaniel for keeping me company tonight.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: Oh.. before that! Maybe my ehh— my /coach/ will have his King of The Ring debut.

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: So.. if anyone is interested in ehh— fighting /eeem/.. just sign up!

Ashton Winters: Thank you too, beardman.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: *nods a few times* There you go.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: Alright! So thank you everyoen for tuning in tonight. This was Garbon Meqvabishvili and my guests. Ashton Winters and Nathaniel St.Arnaud.

Garbon Meqvabishvili: I'm saying goodnight for now!

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: Thank you for this invitation!

Garbon Meqvabishvili: *nods to the guests with a smile and then to the camera*

Ashton Winters: *Ashton cheerfully waved at the camera and smiled.*

Ashton Winters: Bye bye everyone!

Nathaniel St-Arnaud: *Nathaniel waved slightly at the camera.*

Y8l4IDT.png

vBDvzT0.png

> Comments are enabled

Username: 

Comment:

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1