45 minutes ago, MvP said:

I think this is not possible right now with this GT-MP sync.

It's actually not that hard to develop a radar system that captures a vehicle entering it's perimeter, giving you the model, plate and speed if you want. I did create something along those lines earlier and it worked as intended. I will say it wasn't tested on fast moving vehicles with a lot of players, but it should.

Rather than just /vunregister and going Batman insane regarding punishments for such cases (considering speeding with an unlicensed car or hidden plate seems as much of a horrid crime like owning an illegal weapon or performing murder with these fines and/or jail times).

It can be as simple as a command to remove your plates, doesn't even need you to unregister it. Just hide the plates from view. (Either set the plate value to a blank space or '.......' instead of numbers and letters)

I'd just like to mention that ALPR and speed radars are two different things. Speed radars are used for exactly what they're named after, which is clocking in vehicle speeds. The officer or deputy has a button on that radar that allows them to lock a driver's speed in if they're going over the limit. So, if for example someone was going 95 in an 80, I would be able to press the lock button to capture the speed that the person was traveling at and use it as reference when writing them a citation. an ALPR (automatic license plate recognition) system is different. The mounts are placed on the exterior of the patrol car (either on the trunk or around the lightbar mount) and when the system is active, you'll have a separate tab on the MDT where you can see a picture of the vehicle's license plate. 

TL;DR radars aren't set up to work with the MDT, they use their own system. ALPR is hooked up to the MDT and provides you with the vehicle's license plate after the license plate is recognized and photographed by the system. If ALPR was to be set up, it would (realistically) have to be set up as a different system given the fact it doesn't also work as a speed radar.

• Upvote 1
  • 5 months later...