Short description: Job applications

Detailed description: We could have "Jobs" section and have people apply for different jobs which would be with "okay" pay.

Commands to add: Depends on the job.

Items to add: Security trucks

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It'd present players with more legal jobs and those who would pass the application, having good admin record, all the requirement - he'd be able to get the job he applied for. 

Requirement to apply:

• PF licenses
  • CCW licenses
  • Guard card (guard exam)
  • Good admin record
  • Good reason why you wish to apply for the job.

This would similar to trucking, expect it'd be as a special-type of job - it'd pay decent, higher than regular trucking - as this is more risk and tougher way to get in.

Example: Security firm (script-wise/server wise) - players who are accepted would be invited into a job, which would give them access to the security truck. And this would work similar to TRUCKING system, expect they'd go to banks and union depository (we could let them to have command /garageopen /garageclose - and allow them to open / close the garage-doors for the depository, and have that as the trucking firms HQ. They'd do deliveries from point A - B's, and further they'd go - to bank to Paleto Bay for example, the larger their paycheck would be. They'd have access to a side-firearm, a pistol (not a combat one, but a regular pistol) and shotgun's. Shotgun's would work like the police gun-rack /take 1 for shotgun and /place 1 to place it back. 

NOTE: People who would wanna apply for this, would have to first get WEAPON LICENSES, CARRYING CONCEALED WEAPON and do a GUARD CARD exam. If individual has it all passed, he could apply for this JOB APPLICATION, and if his admin record is solid and he is straight up role-player, he'd be become a security truck driver. Each time he'd leave the union depository, he'd see how much money he'd be moving. "Your moving 20.000$ to Pillbox Bank" and etc..it'd be random. If the vehicle gets hit for example - by a crew, they'd have to have lock-pick/explosive even (illegal factions step in) to break into the back of the truck. And high-jack the items. The truck-driver would have a panic button that he could quickly activate and notify PD&SD.

This could promote heist RP and additional legal job - and its a huge risk, since stopping a truck would be difficult and he'd active the panic button quickly.

NOTE: There should be at least 7 cops on duty in order to do this.  (Combined PD&SD)

Additionnal information: Why not? Another possibility for a legal job and have heist-crew RP'ers have something to do, rather jack stores.

IF security guard is caught abusing and making it easy for robbers, aka - easily giving them the stuff (which is easy to spot if its OOC related) - he'd be removed and even face a temp-ban.

Player would be able to get himself the security outfits the skin - or we could have a game-made skin for his custom character, same way we did with sheriffs. He could wear some sort of a long-sleeve shirt and a GREY kevlar and holster, similar as PD & SD has in their /uniform.

Security truck

latest?cb=20140308150437

Union depository 

wnwHM2m.png

Edited by Karl_Hoover

This should not be done via a "job" but via roleplay, there are many ways for players to make this work and a job simply isnt needed. I could see down the line when the trucking strict comes out that certain firms may well hire security to help protect their truckers, a job for this is not necessary. 

Additionally, the job would be used by very few people as it would be hard to meet the qualification. 

All around this is not the sort of thing that should be scripted in this way.

I really like the idea and as you said it could definitely lead to some unique and interesting RP scenarios, but I fear it would be rarely used and with a very high potential of abuse (even with the harsh restrictions) 

I'm on the fence about this is. While it could be good, I feel like it's impractical and will need a huge amount of micromanagement for a very limited amount of people.

Edited by norrig
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Notbond said:

This should not be done via a "job" but via roleplay,

+1. Things should be left in the hands of the players - with the new job advertisement system in 1.1 + advertising on the IC forums, players can hire security entirely through RP.

There's no need for script to do this sort of thing.

Edited by Pascal
1 minute ago, Pascal said:

There's no need for script to do this sort of thing.

16 minutes ago, Notbond said:

This should not be done via a "job" but via roleplay

While I wrote my opinion further up and tend to agree with the other points you've raised, you're both wrong about being able to do this through pure RP.
There is no players physically moving cash between properties, and certainly not steal-able cash, so this can't "just be roleplayed".

• Upvote 2
31 minutes ago, norrig said:

While I wrote my opinion further up and tend to agree with the other points you've raised, you're both wrong about being able to do this through pure RP.
There is no players physically moving cash between properties, and certainly not steal-able cash, so this can't "just be roleplayed".

I agree completely. Something like this should definitely be scripted into the server. Players wouldn't role-play this on their own initiative, because doing so would cost them money. That's why we need the script to handle these kind of things.

3 hours ago, norrig said:

Trucking may allow the transfer of cash and trucking could allow people to steal from trucks that are transporting....

This suggestion is not about the transportation and theft of objects (at least if you're approaching it from the trucking point of view) rather this suggestion is focused on the security of the said transportation. 

As I said "ld see down the line when the trucking strict comes out that certain firms may well hire security to help protect their truckers" This infers that the trucking script may will include the theft of property from truckers...this does not mean that we need an individual job or security script which you have to sign up for then do xyz then get paid money from the server. That part can be RP'd IF there is demand from truckers. If not it isn't needed. 

Edited by Notbond

In addition to armored trucks, the job could easily have other aspects, too. There could be certain areas where players with the scripted security guard job could work at, such as ore mining locations, the docks, and perhaps even certain government buildings. Players would receive a certain sum every X amount of time for being in the area (perhaps every 10 minutes or so.) On-duty guards couldn't work any other scripted jobs, however, in order to prevent them from mining or fishing while conducting their guard duties.

While I realize that the areas mentioned are generally crime-free zones by default, it would at least increase immersion to see security in those places. In order to avoid there being dozens of guards in one place, there could be a limit on how many guards could be at certain locations (e.g. 3 at each mining location, 5 at the docks, 2 at each fishing pier, etc.)