Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

12 minutes ago, Peak. said:

Its a part of roleplay we have to get behind.

Have to? No. Required to do it? Sure. I'm not gonna bitch that much about having to respond to emergencies if my character is an emergency worker, but I sure as shit don't have to like it, and I have no issue with people voiding it. Ain't going to bother me, there's plenty of work to go around on this server to care if someone doesn't roleplay being slammed in by a kamato going 122 on the freeway.

Edited by KinnyWynny
12 minutes ago, KinnyWynny said:

Have to? No. Required to do it? Sure. I'm not gonna bitch that much about having to respond to emergencies if my character is an emergency worker, but I sure as shit don't have to like it, and I have no issue with people voiding it. Ain't going to bother me, there's plenty of work to go around on this server to care if someone doesn't roleplay being slammed in by a kamato going 122 on the freeway.

That said I'm wondering what's up with the fascination some people seem to have, with making sure everyone's RP evenings are as OOC'ly annoying, boring and terrible as they can. Like I'm not entirely certain what the point of it is?

• 2 weeks later...

I also think that players should be able to void such crashes themselves, if everyone involved agrees to it.

It could lead to some interesting role-play but usually, for people who are active (thus face a higher risk of being involved in crashes), it's as interested as role-playing being exposed to a body. It's mostly redundant - getting hit, some injuries, get fd down, get to the hospital, get treated, get your car back in 2 hours. There's really no character development stemming from regular car crashes - if there is, or you feel like it'd be good for your character? Then role-play it and the aftermath.

I'm usually a careful driver, it's a nice twist, role-playing some small long-term injuries, but it can become overwhelming and pointless at times.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Wuhtah locked this topic