Roleplaying Car Crashes

TommyX

True, everything above. Reason is rather simple. GTA as a game in general isn't ran as an MMO which are usually coded to accomodate hundreds of players to begin with.

GTAO itself is instanced with only few people around, which brings us to the reason what actually happens. It is rather simple, despite having the core game on one's computer, the server still needs to render one's surroundings, which is getting tad harder if we drive at high speeds in dense areas filled with models and clutter. Like the city for example.

And if there are more people around, it only adds to the pool issues one's computer might experience. It is common to crash into a full PD or FD scene, because you do not see it. This is caused mostly by an object travelling at high speed, which is the driver and the car in this case. Which basically means, driving slowly gives your computer and the server enough time to communicate and render the surroundings properly.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Trupiano said:

Ok but that's during a police chase that likely has multiple cop cars (With lights on) chasing someone through an area. Your anecdote doesn't apply to the greater problem as a whole.

It does though. If I have to PIT half a car in front of you to hit your back, that means most crashes are only crashes ON ONE PERSON'S SCREEN, and the other person didn't get hit on their screen.

27 minutes ago, Koko said:

LEOs drive modded cars that are an absolute strain on the server though, to the point that Mission Row gets routinely despawned to accommodate them. They're also driving at high speeds in a chase due to IC reasons.

For the average civilian RPer, desync issues aren't a make or break because if they crash into any obstacle on the road 99% of the time someone involved was going at unreasonably high speeds. The finer aspects applying to a PIT don't apply when you rear end or T-bone someone as a non-LEO.

The whole 'modded cop car causes crashes' has been debunked since they disabled the mods and it didn't change anything. MRS gets despawned because we're the biggest faction and when people come to work they leave their car out, which causes strain on the server, just like car gathering.

Instead of Admins flying around to despawn cars to fix performance they should just make cars despawn after 30 minutes. It might ruin car theft RP but having a working server matters more than that.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
29 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

The whole 'modded cop car causes crashes' has been debunked since they disabled the mods and it didn't change anything. MRS gets despawned because we're the biggest faction and when people come to work they leave their car out, which causes strain on the server, just like car gathering.

Instead of Admins flying around to despawn cars to fix performance they should just make cars despawn after 30 minutes. It might ruin car theft RP but having a working server matters more than that.

Muh lockpicks and knives! 

I just don't like roleplaying car crashes, it puts me in a sad mood and does not make me enjoy the experience. Why would it be appealing roleplaying being in a state of pain, in between life and death that could potentially have long term consequences on your character? I just don't want this shit here because it's just a game and I'm trying to enjoy my time here.

I believe car crashes are in the same category of sexual roleplay in a way. Some people like that kind of roleplay, some don't because they are very specific and impact how the player may feel while playing. I don't like roleplaying being wounded or injured, and that is why I tend to avoid to enter Strawberry, Davis, and all those violent zones. 

I just don't understand why you want to impose stuff over other people so much. If someone doesn't like to experience certain stuff, why would you blame them? It's just a game.

• Applaud 1
1 hour ago, roymar said:

I just don't like roleplaying car crashes, it puts me in a sad mood and does not make me enjoy the experience. Why would it be appealing roleplaying being in a state of pain, in between life and death that could potentially have long term consequences on your character? I just don't want this shit here because it's just a game and I'm trying to enjoy my time here.

I believe car crashes are in the same category of sexual roleplay in a way. Some people like that kind of roleplay, some don't because they are very specific and impact how the player may feel while playing. I don't like roleplaying being wounded or injured, and that is why I tend to avoid to enter Strawberry, Davis, and all those violent zones. 

I just don't understand why you want to impose stuff over other people so much. If someone doesn't like to experience certain stuff, why would you blame them? It's just a game.

the only argument I've seen so far to counter this is the one blaming irresponsible drivers who don't want to rp the crashes they get into

but assuming you drive responsibly and someone always crashes into you, it's a valid stance and I also want someone to answer to your question even if it might be rhetorical

So, I've read a lot of comments here, People say they don't want to RP car crashes because it's boring. I also don't play 10 hours a day, and only have some time in the evening after busy weekdays. Indeed, roleplay car crashes is really boring, and has little to no point. But the important thing is to roleplay at all times, and abide by the server rules.  

You may be right that it's useless to RP car crashes, so then should you not take it ICly and drive more carefully instead of voiding? Because that's what I did. I have an LEO character, and I can't crash and ask for a void in /b immediately. As I said, I also hate roleplaying car crashes, but I choose to ICly drive carefully instead of relying on voiding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, TommyX said:

So, I've read a lot of comments here, People say they don't want to RP car crashes because it's boring. I also don't play 10 hours a day, and only have some time in the evening after busy weekdays. Indeed, roleplay car crashes is really boring, and has little to no point. But the important thing is to roleplay at all times, and abide by the server rules.  

You may be right that it's useless to RP car crashes, so then should you not take it ICly and drive more carefully instead of voiding? Because that's what I did. I have an LEO character, and I can't crash and ask for a void in /b immediately. As I said, I also hate roleplaying car crashes, but I choose to ICly drive carefully instead of relying on voiding. 

Say it louder for the people in the back 👏👏👏

• Wuhtah locked this topic