Map changes

Nervous

Do you want us to replace the Davis mall with the projects?  

527 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

I know another good mapping project, idk if it was released to the public yet, there's a mod that finishes the massive construction works in downtown LS, replaces it with a huge mall/office complex and some smaller restaurants at the base

This would be 1000 times better.

I don't really like the idea of replacing the Davis Mall, due to the renowned status the location has in real life South Central. That location, in my opinion just makes that part of the map look into a more realistic South Central. However, I fully support the idea of adding more neighborhoods. 

1 hour ago, Mahitto said:

I am 100% advocating for more unique role-play, including construction role-play. If done properly, it can give a lot of people a lot of different opportunities to role-play - from basic construction workers to drivers, all the way to white collar and office workers like logistics managers, lawyers, analysts, etc. It's a great concept. But not when the whole server would end up depending on the actions of a single player-ran company for their housing needs (which are already in a huge shortage).

Nobody’s depending on it when an active construction firm takes over the project and starts roleplaying around it. Worse comes to worst, if it ends up flopping, then it can be roleplayed that it was finished for the sake of the mapping. It’s not about the shortage of the construction firms but of the activity and consistency of the few specific ones that already exist.

Edited by OddSchool

It'd be awesome to see construction RP come from this, even if its a comprimise of half of it being roleplayed. You have several groups wanting to do this kind of RP and its the perfect chance.

You can have the News reporting on it, people building it, mappers being hired for interior design or even advice, Aurum for instance doing electric maintenance checks and so on.. this can involved an awful lot of people.  Who knows maybe a fire breaks out due to a mishap and LSFD are dispatched to assist! State Fire Marshalls can also get involved to ensure the building complies with regulations.

40 minutes ago, Sufi said:

I don't really like the idea of replacing the Davis Mall, due to the renowned status the location has in real life South Central. That location, in my opinion just makes that part of the map look into a more realistic South Central. However, I fully support the idea of adding more neighborhoods. 

It might be a symbol but it is one that takes up way too much space and isn't used for basically anything. Sure, I've seen an occasional event/hangout/shootout take place there, usually in the parking lot, but otherwise it just sits there, takes up a ton of space (that could be used for the way-too-many gangs we have already) as no one's actually using it. If anything, people use the parking lot more than they use the mall itself. I'd much rather see a park or some projects instead of the mall and a new mall moved into the, say, Rockford one (where it might actually cater to a wider audience).

33 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

Nobody’s depending on it when an active construction firm takes over the project and starts roleplaying around it. Worse comes to worst, if it ends up flopping, then it can be roleplayed that it was finished for the sake of the mapping. It’s not about the shortage of the construction firms but of the activity and consistency of the few specific ones that already exist.

What I meant is that I'm against the idea of people who buy these houses being forced to hire a construction firm, unless this becomes the norm and rule (again) for anyone wanting to get an unscripted property. That would push people towards this line of RP, we'd have more companies and more competition in regards to one. Otherwise, everyone relying on one company would make it all take too long and there's the risk that they become inactive (either the company or the players within). I do like the idea of incentivizing construction role-play, though, but in a different way.