Map changes

Nervous

Do you want us to replace the Davis mall with the projects?  

527 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'll fight other architecture companies (if any exist) to a duel to the death for rights to claim build bragging rights on the MP houses, that's about it. Otherwise yeah who wouldn't say yes to this? A bigger hood? Fuck yeah. And a more complete looking MP? Hell yeah. There's little downside. Though I noticed in the MP mod there appears to be some lighting issues with the replacement houses. Not sure whassup with that.

3 hours ago, Mahitto said:

Unless there's a specific system in place for such companies to role-play building stuff, it would just end up getting postponed for literal years. Construction used to be a thing back in the day when mining was still around - if someone requested a property or a business on the UCP, they had to pay for a construction company to actually role-play building it, and the construction company needed ores from the mining script. It was a pretty cool thing but it was very inefficient. Not sure if that's why it was removed.

Either way, there's no reason why such a developed high-class city would have so many unfinished houses. Even if, if we had a ton of them, it would be a different story but there's already a shortage.

There’s no such system set, it’s all for roleplay purposes. There’s an active construction company in this server and it has actually done such gigs before.

I get your point but there always can be new buildings in such areas, it’s not something mandatory but I’d rather set it as what I referred to previously. Roleplay and continuation. 

Both mappings would look way better than what currently is in the server right now. I believe the Grove Street mapping would be as much a great addition as the other two as well.

Edited by OddSchool
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, OddSchool said:

There’s no such system set, it’s all for roleplay purposes. There’s an active construction company in this server and it has actually done such gigs before.

I get your point but there always can be new buildings in such areas, it’s not something mandatory but I’d rather set it as what I referred to previously. Roleplay and continuation. 

Both mappings would look way better than what currently is in the server right now. I believe the Grove Street mapping would be as much a great addition as the other two as well.

I am 100% advocating for more unique role-play, including construction role-play. If done properly, it can give a lot of people a lot of different opportunities to role-play - from basic construction workers to drivers, all the way to white collar and office workers like logistics managers, lawyers, analysts, etc. It's a great concept. But not when the whole server would end up depending on the actions of a single player-ran company for their housing needs (which are already in a huge shortage).

9 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

I dunno... More mapping would ruin texture loss even more, no? If they have 0 effect on texture loss then I'd support.

Got to agree, the texture loss even waking around to davis/strawberry is painful. If this can be worked on or not made worse by this then do what you want, Davis mall is pointless anyway.